Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/24/2003 5:15:52 AM EDT
Just received my Russian AKM Laminate stock set after along wait, and it is great. Excellent condition, matching colors, and has never been installed on a rifle. A long 3 month wait (Russian Customs), but well worth it if you want a Russian stock. These pictures don't do it justice (if they turn out).

Some type of cartouche.

Link Posted: 7/24/2003 6:07:25 AM EDT
[#1]
A box with a diagonal line stamped on a stock is a Russian arsenal mark that indicates refurbishment.  I have several Mosin rifles that were re-arsenaled after the war that have this same stamping, and I've seen pictures of it on SKS's and SVT's.

Since it seems unused, I'm guessing that this wood was specifically set aside for use as replacement parts on AK's being repaired.

Nice set- Congratulations.
                Regards,  Richard W.

Link Posted: 7/24/2003 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got my package from Andrei as well.  Very nice AKM wood also, although I think I like the color of yours better. I was going to use it on my 74, but since I nabbed a real 74 lower HG, I don't have the need. So on to the SAR is goes. It's a lucky SAR that gets real Ruskie laminate.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got back from Russia where I was able to meet with Andrei in person. I was there on business...I go there every year and sometimes twice a year. Anyway, I met Andrei in Moscow and was able to sit with hime a few house and talk about guns, AK's in particular. He is really a young guy...but very freindly and very personable.

I think that some of the stuff that Andrei offers is very good stuff.He is definately an asset to the AK collecting community in his offerings of AK wood that is so hard to get here.

thanks for listening,

Y-
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top