Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2003 6:30:37 PM EDT
Oh yeah, I also got a 90% 1916 DWM Artillery Luger with all issue gear including holster, stock, matching mag, and snail drum. All leather is intact and in good shape. I made him throw in the mags as part of the deal.

The sights register out to 800 meters! LOL.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:48:51 PM EDT
Well at least post a picture !

(Congratulations !)
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:33:20 PM EDT
Wow, those things are pure sweet! To bad you can't "let fly" more then maybe once with a collectable item like that. Oh well, it will be an awesome thing to have anyway.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:46:41 PM EDT
Wouldn't the stock (mounted) make it NFA non-compliant?

Pics!
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 8:25:10 PM EDT
It's cool on C&R guns.

There are some Browning HiPowers with slotted frames for stocks, as well as others. As long as they are vintage, they are OK.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:00:32 AM EDT
Sniper, as far as I know, only the 1941 Browning Hi Power is an NFA issue if the stock is added. I think there are some issues with certain Broomhandles (Mauser C-96). I could be wrong though.

The stock was obviously designed by a German, to get the stock away from the holster, you have to take two straps off, plus, there is a large screw at the bottom. You would be dead if you had to do it in a hurry. This is probably why it is in such good condition, the owner surrendered instead of trying to be a hero with his oddball weapon.

I haven't figured out the new photo server yet. As soon as I do, I will post a picture.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:12:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:18:46 AM EDT
Possibly looks like one of these?

or this:

I have one, an "SS" DWM, given to me by my Uncle who took it from an "SS" officer he killed in WWII, first pistol I ever fired, (I was 6). It's fancy nickel plated w/ all matching numbers, leather holster and 2 numbered mags (matching), also has several special SS markings, nice piece and only down-side is he (uncle) sold off the real-Ivory grips that were on it. it looks more like this:

Nice deal, obershutze916
Mike
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:27:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 4:35:42 AM EDT
Mr. Wilson, the pistol looks like your second picture. the stock is slightly different, but that is a mute point.

I had never seen a matching mag. and snail drum.

Campy, it is 9mm. Surprisingly, all of my Lugers are WWI 9mm.

Aimless, it is my understanding that just the 1941 Browning has NFA restrictions. I find it odd, but I don't have one anyway.
Top Top