Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2003 9:19:56 PM EDT
And it was a hell of a blast! Damn, this gun if f'in fun.  Romanian SAR-1 I bought off of a fellow arfcommer, shoots like a dream.  Now I see why all you guys like your ak's so much.  

Gun shot without a single hitch, cept that after I dumped 3 mags in about minute or so, I couldn't hold it very comfortably because of the heated up handguards.  

Accuracy wasn't too shabby either, as man sized targets could easily be hit at 266 yards away (length of range)

Me thinks I want another one too, so I can shoot the other as one cools down, or go crazy and shoot both at the same time.

Jeez, it was so much fun.  can't wait to go out again tomorrow.  It was also cool to see how far it spit out the casings too.  What a beast.  Now I love AK's just as much as AR's.  Just when I thought the hole in my wallet couldn't get any bigger......

Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]

cool!

welcome to the club
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

cool!

welcome to the club DARKSIDE.

Link Posted: 7/22/2003 2:49:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Me thinks I want another one too, so I can shoot the other as one cools down, or go crazy and shoot both at the same time

You just justified the need for an AK 74 in 5.45! Welcome!
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 3:20:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 4:44:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Just wait till you learn to do "Da Bump". You will go from a fun rifle to a damn bullet hose. It aint accurate but it is good for grins.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#7]
You have been assimilated.

Resistance is futile.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Biggest question I had after buying my SAR-1...

"Why didn't I buy one of these years ago!!??"

Logistar
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#9]
nomex or similar gloves make holding the hot barrel a lot more comfortable. I even used leather dive gloves once, and they worked great.  Anyway, welcome to the dark side. Campy is your father.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#10]
thats why my next ak is a AMD-65 with the vented front guard & front pistol grip,  keeps my hands from cooking,  the ak's are great, cheep bullets, good accuracy,  selling my AR to pay for the Ak as i like the way they shoot better..
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 11:45:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
nomex or similar gloves make holding the hot barrel a lot more comfortable. I even used leather dive gloves once, and they worked great.  Anyway, welcome to the dark side. Campy is your father.

I bought a pair of welder's gloves and cut off the fingertips, field tested like a charm....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top