Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2003 4:29:27 PM EDT
Finally went out and broke in the Romanian PSL. All I gotta say is WOW. I dont know if I was born for this rifle, or what, but it was doing some amazing things. With Czech Surplus 148g Silvertips, I was getting groups of .5" at 50 yards. And I really really wasnt trying. Just set the rifle down on a table, with the mag being the pivot point, and shot at bullseye. Sure it was shooting a foot high and to the right, but damn dude, it was putting shots THROUGH the rest of the holes. Out of an 4 shot group, removing one flyer. All holes were 50% overlapping at 50 yards.

Now the problem. I dont have any idea how to zero the scope. Im new to this, and it just doesnt make any sense at all to me. I have the 8x42 with 20 elevation numbers, and even clicks between every number. At the supposed 100 yard setting (1.5 clicks) Im off target at 100 yards. At the base (0 clicks, is that 25 yards?) Im off by almost a foot. I know how to loosen the 2 screws and turn the black turret on not the silver...but what the...which way do I turn it? What are the red hash marks for? Which direction is which on the windage knob? If someone can break this down for me, you'd be my hero!

I didnt even bother shooting the 148G wolf I bought, the czech stuff was getting the job done just fine. I kentucky windaged some shots at 200 yards but I was off on most shots by an armlength or more.

Thanks for your help guys!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Off the top of my head most commie scopes are clockwise for down or left for the point of impact. Top knob for elev, and side knob for wind, usually 1cm at 100m per click. Turning the knob a bit and seeing where it goes won't hurt it :)
All but the best/most expensive optics move one part when you turn the other (like windage a bit when elevation is turned). But it is minor. I prefer to get windage right on, then work it out to the desired yardage.
Keep inmind that the bullet is going up to meet the scope aim point at any typical distance (200yds at least for 54r) so expect impact to go up as the targets get moved out in your zeroing process.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#2]
So let me get this straight...I loosen the screws, and turn the silver cam to whatever range im zeroing at, retighten the screws, and im done? The stupid instructions say DONT move the silver cam, move the rotating black top. That makes no sense to me, as the silver cam is STILL going to read "8" or whatever elevation zeroes the POI at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Ahh nevermind...theres 2 ways to zero.

1) you loosen the screws and just move the black knob to move the reticule to POI.

2)leave the screws in, and move the entire assembly as normal to "8" or whever your POI is at 100 yards. Loosen the screws and move the silver cam back to your 1.5 or 100 yard setting and retighten.

What is the 25 or 50 yard setting on this scope?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I got the PSL too.  It came with a 4X scope and I got an 8X from Tantel.  It isn't even on the paper at 50 yards.  It's going to be a challenge to zero.  I'll probably have to shim the base.........
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top