Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/11/2003 7:08:57 PM EDT
Anyone know of a company currently manufacturing sami-auto RPKs, or a way to obtain one?  Also, what is a reasonable price for one. My brother has an interest in them but has not had any luck finding them.

Thanks in advance!

Dawg
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#1]
AFAIK, the best way to obtain one is to watch the EE or any other FS boards. Look for an Arsenal and look to pay @$900-1100.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 1:00:02 AM EDT
[#2]
RPK's are very expensive and hard to find.  You will not find one cheap unless you look for the long barreled Maddi RPK that was imported for awhile.  I haven't seen one for a long time in person, but one was on Stermguwer (SP?) not too long ago.  It was priced reasonably too.  About $375 as I remember. Be patient, one will come by.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 1:31:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:54:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, Arsenal in Nevada is producing them now. Look around thier site they also make a 5.56 X 45mm NATO chambered version.

www.arsenalinc.com/rpk.html
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:37:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Blazeone, Arsenal's website needs to be updated.

The RPK-7 is no longer manufactured, in fact, it was a limited run of 300 rifles, and no more will be made.  They haven't had any for almost a year now.

The RPK-5 is still a dream really.  They have been advertising the 5.56mm rifles for 6 months, but there is no sign of them being produced in the immediate future.

Arsenal Inc. is pushing their SLR-101 to major distributors ike Lew Horton and FAC right now.

Patience grasshoppa......

You're best bet is like Mbsk01 said, cruise the boards looking for people who are selling or trading.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:41:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I sit corrected Your right they need to get thier website straight.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the help- my brother was looking to spend under $700, so I'll let him know about the Maadi- I think it is right up his alley.  BTW, will a standard RPK bipod mount on the Maadi?  My understanding is that it is really a standard diameter AK barrel that is a couple of inches longer, not the heavy barrel on the RPK.

Dawg

P.S.  someone have the website address for Sturmgehwer?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 2:34:58 AM EDT
[#9]
There are two Maadi models that are considered RPK's.
One is the Maadi RML imported by PARS International, the other is the RPM imported by Intrac Arms.

Both have 20" or 21" barrels instead of the RPK's true 23". The RPM has the correct muzzle nut on the end of the barrel and a bipod. Early RML's have threaded barrels and bipods, later ones do not.

I would rather have the RPM...I did actually but sold it for another project.

www.sturmgewehr.com

Yes the barrels on both the RPM and RML are standard diameter. If you want a heavy barreled post-ban RPK, you will need to look for a Chinese NHM.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top