Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2003 6:09:36 PM EDT
I am new to the AK scene and I need some help cypherin' what I got an offer on. This is what was passed on to me via a relative,

AK47
Norinco
Mac 90 with Dragunov synth. stock
Chinese or Korean
40 and 20 rnd mag
$300.00  with 1000 rounds ammo included.

If y'all could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

gilfrd
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably a fair deal. Unless very old and crappy condition, the ammo is about $80. Mags about $7 each. NORthern INdustries COmpany is the gov't shell that makes all Chicom AKs. MAK90 is a model. Someone else can tell you if it is allowed to have a sep pistol grip as-is, or if you need the thumbhole type stock on it now. Plastic Drag type stocks vary widely in quality (llok at a Romak3 on another vendor site, patterned after the Russian Dragunov, your butt stock will be shaped like that).
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#2]
In the pictures I am seeing of the MAK90, they seem to have about a 16" bbl or so. Is that standard with this model?

Can there be a preban model of the MAC90 so I would be able to attach a collapsable stock to this or would it have to have already been attached?

What countries produce the MAC90 and which model is preferable?

lot's of questions, sorry... I have to jump on this quickly.

Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
In the pictures I am seeing of the MAK90, they seem to have about a 16" bbl or so. Is that standard with this model?

Pretty much, AFAIK

Can there be a preban model of the MAC90 so I would be able to attach a collapsable stock to this or would it have to have already been attached?

No preban MAKs, AFAIK, all collapsable stocks would have to be welded, if so attached.

What countries produce the MAC90 and which model is preferable?

China

lot's of questions, sorry... I have to jump on this quickly.

Not a problem.

Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Great info, thanks. I think I may be able to chew him down to about $250 but assuming it is in good condition, nothing cantered and relatively clean...would this be a good buy at 300 or should I maybe shop around.

I guess what I'm asking is on a scale of 1-10, '10' being a great deal and '1' being I was suckered...what am I getting?

Anything else I should look for when I check it out tomorrow?
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#5]
If the reifle is in good/excellent shape, and not alot of rounds have been fired through it, $300 is a real good price, as these rifles are generally considered to be of better quality than SARs.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:17:49 AM EDT
[#6]
At the Berea show earlier, another board member was happy to pay $400 for a mint condition Mak90 with the original wood thumbhole stock, no mags or ammo included.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#8]
If you plan on putting an original type stock on it check to see if the receiver is angle cut.  Angle cut receivers don't look that great with an original type stock.  

The back of the receiver will be slanted and not at a 90* angle.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top