Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/11/2003 11:14:45 AM EDT
Any good sources for the Ultimak gas tube replacement? Does Tantal sell them? The guy seems to have a great rep.
Thanks.
SD
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:45:44 PM EDT
You can order it direcly from www.ultimak.com. Everywhere I have seen them they are the same price as from UltiMAK themselves. I ordered mine on a Monday and recived it on Wednesday. They have great service and even helped me with questions on scopes to use with it. I like mine and just need to get another scope for it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 4:14:43 AM EDT
Brownells will special order it for you. I do not remember what I paid, but I think I saved around $20 when I got one for my VEPR.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:07:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By m3877:
You can order it direcly from www.ultimak.com. Everywhere I have seen them they are the same price as from UltiMAK themselves. I ordered mine on a Monday and recived it on Wednesday. They have great service and even helped me with questions on scopes to use with it. I like mine and just need to get another scope for it.

How do you like it? Have you shot with it on yet? I'm tempted but have a feeling it would melt whatever scope I put on it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 11:07:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/23/2003 11:08:15 PM EDT by m3877]
I like mine alot. All I have for it is a crappy tasco and I didn't have any problems. I don't bump at all, that may make a difference on the heat issue. I do know that the better scopes are able to handle heat much better. I'm planning on going with an Aimpoint Comp ML2. This is parralax-free sight that you do not have to center the dot in the scope to be on target. I do recommend some Loctite to keep it on, though. I had a problem the first time out with it coming loose. Other than that I am very happy with it.

http://m3877.velocitydesign.net/04.jpg
http://m3877.velocitydesign.net/06.jpg

And please no comments on the red flip cover buttons. They are gone now!
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:15:11 AM EDT
The greatest things about the Ultimak are the Cheek weld and the ability to Co-witness. Since I installed it my Kobras do nothing but collect dust, Just can't hang with that CHIN weld anymore! The heat transfered to the optic is minimal.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:17:08 AM EDT
Thanks for the review M. I may have to check it out.
Top Top