Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/8/2003 7:06:40 PM EDT
Is there anything you can do that will kill these things?!?
Video shot 6/28 at our monthly shoot. Like the man in the video says: Try THAT with an AR!!

www.crinamex.com/smoking_ak.wmv

Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:24:14 PM EDT
teh guy who said, "Tell me you got that!" sounded liek Tom Hanks. or im just really tired.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:30:31 PM EDT
Yeah, that sounded a lot like Tom Hanks. Is it just me or did that AK fail to feed a few times? Also, what is that thing? An NHM91 with RPK furniture?
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 8:07:06 PM EDT
That's it?

That's nothing.

Check this out...

1919a4.com/gca/kcr-killtheak.mpg
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:43:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 8:04:27 AM EDT
I could be wrong, but if you were in some sort of combat with someone shooting at you.... it would seem that your gun smoking would be a bad thing! It doesn't seem to take too many round before they smoke. As a testimony for durability they're neat videos though.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 8:06:44 AM EDT
I have heard that AKs were intended to get hot while firing, so that troops would not fire them on full auto for such extended periods of time. Is this true, or urban legend?
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 8:15:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Sniper_Wolfe:
I have heard that AKs were intended to get hot while firing, so that troops would not fire them on full auto for such extended periods of time. Is this true, or urban legend?

I doubt it no designer would want the gun to get hot. Pretty much all guns get hot after rapid fire especially with hi caps.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 2:50:28 PM EDT
quote: He brought home as a "War Trophy",

and how exactly did he do this? legally? My buddy tried bringing a makarov and they damn near courtmartialed him for that.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 3:10:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By EEJ:
quote: He brought home as a "War Trophy",

and how exactly did he do this? legally? My buddy tried bringing a makarov and they damn near courtmartialed him for that.

I was wondering the same thing...
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 3:13:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 3:55:18 PM EDT
He bump fires two mags with a Tac trigger and his cheap plastic handguards melt off. Whoopee.
I've seen M16's shoot way more mags thru em and the handguards dont melt off.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:16:57 PM EDT
You don't kill them you just kill the barrel.

I've seen M16 barrels so hot the barrels glowed in the dark but no fires or handguards melting off so the guy in the first film had a point.

Cool films and I guess I will never see that for the guys I know care about their weapons.

Thanks,

Tj
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:52:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By captainpooby:
He bump fires two mags with a Tac trigger and his cheap plastic handguards melt off. Whoopee.
I've seen M16's shoot way more mags thru em and the handguards dont melt off.

Not that it matters but..........., the video started on mag #6 or 7 and there was no tac trigger.

Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:37:39 PM EDT
I once had an M-16A1 of Uncles so hot the gas tube was glowing in the dark.

I had 5 magazines of 50-50 tracer ball laid out in a row and pumped them thru it as fast as I could change them.

Ask Ober, I can change them pretty fast!

An M-16 can easily duplicate that feat.

But... I generally prefer not to treat individual weapons as crew served weapons.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:44:37 PM EDT
Looks like one of these POS fiberforce stocks(or whatever the hell they are called)

That video only shows that the fiberforce stock is a POS. BTW: I did see two or three FTF's.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:55:14 PM EDT
Yep, the fiberforce stocks are made from the finest recycled pop bottles money can buy.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:07:59 PM EDT
Couldn't one get a "War Trophy" demilled?
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:14:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:26:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Wipeout:
BTW: I did see two or three FTF's.

Probably not failure to feed but rather the hammer following the bolt home. Thats a typical problem that occurs when one "feathers" the trigger, some also refer to it as bump firing.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:44:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tktm:

.....when one "feathers" the trigger,

never heard that one before

Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:59:33 PM EDT
so at what point would it start to cook off, chamber a round and let it eat?
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:32:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By thebrain:
so at what point would it start to cook off, chamber a round and let it eat?

ZOORT
EGAD
whatarewegonn­adotonight?

I think so, but this time you wear the rubber pants.

(after I saw your handle i honestly considered changing mine to Pinky...)
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 12:57:23 AM EDT
While I was serving in Balkans we fired one confisticated AK until handguards flame fire.
Then we pour water over gun and continue firing.
This happen about 4-5 times before we were out of ammo. We cycled through that AK about +100 mags, just stop few seconds to cool it down with water.
Not a single failure occured.

-Masi-
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 3:10:18 AM EDT
A war trophy captured in combat (not found after the fact) can be brought back as a registered war torphy and entered into the NFA registry (tax free IIRC) but the 2 forms required must be signed by the theater commanding officer. (Thats where I add "Good Luck")
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 4:14:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ProfGAB101:
A war trophy captured in combat (not found after the fact) can be brought back as a registered war torphy and entered into the NFA registry (tax free IIRC) but the 2 forms required must be signed by the theater commanding officer. (Thats where I add "Good Luck")

Can you provide a source for that ?
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 4:16:28 AM EDT
cool
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:47:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ProfGAB101:

Since 1986 no new machine guns can be entered into the NFA registry.

The Azalin
Top Top