Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/8/2003 6:24:55 AM EDT
Ok I am thinking of buying an sar-1 soon since century dissed. them but I want to know if there is a place where you can buy a noncollapsable m4 stock adapter I have seen guys with these before but where?
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Can someone please help me!
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm... I've never heard of that particular device, but maybe someone has, so consider this a bump.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone?!!!
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe here: www.riflestocks.com/index.html?  Or close...
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a good idea, never seen one though.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Never heard of such a thing.  It would be odd at the point of attachment IMO.

Anyone else seen this.

Bump.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Never seen one.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 2:41:30 AM EDT
[#8]
YES! I've seen one!  HA!

The one I saw was for a milled receiver.  The guy I bought my pick-up truck (about as ugly as a certain S10) from built one for his MAK-90.  He lived out in the sticks and didn't care what the law was about US parts.  Oh well.  Anyway, he just made a solid "buffer tube" with an oval on the end to fit in the milled receiver.  He just made it out of a plastic block, used a lathe to round it off, then grinder, dremel and file to get the shape right.  "cut to shape, file to fit, paint to match".  You could probably just take a real AR buffer tube for a CAR and the front half of a stamped plastic stock and epoxy the two together.  With the empty tube there would be all sorts of possibilities for storage, and reinforcing the joint.

So I don't know who sells them, but if this guy could make one, it can't be rocket science.  I'm sure there's somebody doing it on a commercial scale.

Ross
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Im going to contact Ace stock because I believe they have one!

Justin
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top