Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/1/2003 2:21:51 AM EDT
Ok I`m tired of trying to find a Romanian FSB for my SAR2. I have looked at the Krebs AK74 brake and adaptor. I`m thinking that I`m going to go with this.

Does anyone here have one of these on their SAR2? If the adaptor is installed properly is there any chance of it shooting off?

BTW bullet fest looked awsome I wish I went. Hopefully there will be a Bulletfest 5.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:00:32 AM EDT
[#1]
check out www.ak-103.com too.  They have an authentic brake that will work for about 1/2 the price, and adapters to fit it to your SAR if you decide not to thread your barrel.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
check out www.ak-103.com too.  They have an authentic brake that will work for about 1/2 the price, and adapters to fit it to your SAR if you decide not to thread your barrel.

take care,
Tec

Yep, this is what I did, it's very cool and it works.
www.hunt101.com/img/025991.jpg
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Derek45,

How did you secure the brake and bushing together and onto the muzzle so it doesn't launch?
Was the brake pre-finished or bare metal?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
It came "in the white", not blued.

I welded it.

I measured the barrel and got a sleeve that was a bit smaller. I think my barrel was .508 and the sleeve was .500, so I had to carefully fit it. Looking back, I guess it would be easier to get the .510 and just slip it over, make sure it's centered and weld.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got the Krebs AK-74 brake on my Krebs AK-74 (obviously...) and it's very nice. It's modeled after the latest Russian pattern brakes, while I think the AK-USA ones are of the earlier style.  Of course for a SAR2 the earlier style would probably be the way to go.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#6]
The Krebs is correct for the newer "M" and 100 Series AK's. They also look nicer on later style Plum rifles. The AK-USA comps look like Bulgarian pattern to me...

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:33:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the Krebs on my Krebs M3A and it is great. Much more effective than the brake on my Vepr K
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the Krebs on my Krebs M3A and it is great. Much more effective than the brake on my Vepr K
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Could you put a Krebs muzzlebreak on a SAR-1?  Cause I'm interested in a muzzlebreak for a SAR-1 that has the '74 appearance.  Thanks!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top