Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2003 3:39:59 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I was hoping someone could help me with this, I just brought home 2 new Arsenal SA-M7s and I like the shorter "Warsaw Length" stock over the longer "NATO Length" stock that came on my SA-M7s.

I want to put the shorter stock on the rifle, but K-VAR only carries the BULGARIAN made short milled buttstocks (they don't make the short milled US made buttstock)....

So my question is: Can I legally put the shorter Bulgarian buttstock on the rifle and still be legal?  If not what other parts can be changed?  I know the receiver and stock set is made in the US, but I don't know what else is made in the US and how many parts I have to have to be in compliance.

Thanks for your help

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:46:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The US parts on the SA-M7 and M7S are:

Hammer
Trigger
Sear
Receiver
Buttstock
Pistol Grip
Forend

Everything else is Bulgarian.  One thing to remember about the US parts though.......they may be made geographically here in the US, but they are made by Bulgarian techs working over here off of the original blue prints, so they do not suffer the stigma and problems associated with the "US" parts put into Century Arms rifles.  They are the highest quality.

www.k-varcorp.com/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?s=3f00d185ce44ffff;act=ST;f=5;t=7
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, you've actually got two more US parts than you need.  You can replace the buttstock with a Bulgarian one legally.

You could install foreign made wood stock set if you wished, as long as you kept a US made pistol grip on the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:14:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys...Got a couple Bulgarian synthetic buttstocks enroute

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top