Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/30/2003 2:58:53 PM EDT
How do you carry your mags?  Not including vests, I don't have the money to invest in one.  Also, pictures if you have them, thanks!

B
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I use East German mag pouches.  I think I have  about 75% of them that were ever issued though!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple of the 'cotton' vests that hold three mags and it is cheap (I'm assuming you're talking about a fancy-shmancy nylon $250 vest when you refer to 'vest').  I think it's great.  It isn't in the way of a belt and the mags are easy to take out in the prone position.  It's also easy to carry.  They're not waterproof, but you'd be carrying them 'under' a jacket so I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference.  It's the one on the bottom of the picture:  http://www.pvtpyle.com/Field%20gear/ChiCom%20Pouches.jpg.  They have smaller pouches 2 on each side that can each fit a 20 round box of Wolf each.  Can you tell I'm a fan of this vest?  I don't remember where I bought it, but you can find it easy through a search.  

I bought some of those US 3 mag pounches (http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1240&sku=AKS%2D009&imgid=&mscssid=LKK76LQH2JPT8JVXCF262RH8NJH32B95).  I am not crazy about them.  They don't have dividers between the mags, so they clang with only two mags in the pouch, and it is HEAVY on a belt, especially if you have more than one.  I saw this (http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1240&sku=AKS%2D221&imgid=&mscssid=LKK76LQH2JPT8JVXCF262RH8NJH32B95) a while back, but I haven't bought it so I don't know what they're like.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I have some E. German, Bulgarian, and Russian mag pouches that work good.  I have a few with carrying straps that are my favorites.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the East German pouches as well (cool video of mag changes).  They have dividers so the mags don't clang/rub against each other.  The drawback is that they won't fit onto a USGI nylon web belt.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#6]
how do I carry my mags? well lets see, since I'm only going from my truck to the firing line on the range, I have them in a range bag.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:16:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a very cool six-mag pouch from my brother in law, it slings across your shoulder and has three pouches on either side. You can hang it upside down for quick reloads so when you pull the velcro, the mag just slides out into your hand. I'm not sure what brand its for, or even if it is a rifle mag pouch, it may be a paintball mag holder or something, but its black nylon and it sure as hell beats lugging my East German LBE around every time I want to go shooting.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:46:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:20:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Right now until I get my custom vest made, I use a Chinese or Pakistani made cotton/canvas chest rig that holds 3 mags. and a 3 cell Russian pouch it seems more comfortable than the normal 4 or 5 cell pouch and sometimes if necessary I carry a Hungarian over the shoulder pouch that holds 4 mags.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I got a very cool six-mag pouch from my brother in law, it slings across your shoulder and has three pouches on either side.

R.G. Sounds like the 6 Mag pouch from Galati International (the guys who make the inexpensive & very good rifle cases).

I picked up a couple of 3 mag chest pouchs from Cheaper Than Dirt - its made of a nylon kind of material otherwise its an improved copy of the cotton version.  I think I paid $10 for each of them (at the time they had them in OD and woodland pattern).  There is a review of them here: groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/nylongear.msnw  Its an AK chest pouch that I use for my AR magazines.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got some sort of canvas pouch that says 1951 on the inside and carries 4 40 rounders. got it from tapco with 4 mags. I don't think it will allow for fast chages with 4 mags in it though, they're pretty tight with all 4 mags in the pouch
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top