Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/29/2003 9:29:30 AM EDT
While shooting the AK at Bulletfest, the muzzlebrake went downrange after the bullet. It was an AK-74 type installed by previous owner. Was attached by 3 set screws secured with Loctite, and told that the brake was installed over a bushing. The bushing was installed over the barrel due to the muzzle threads being turned down9barrel at muzzle end is .50 outer dia.). Judging from the dimples in the barrel, the setscrews went through the brake, bushing, and into dimples in barrel.

Any suggestions for a replacement?

Was looking at this 74 type brake and adapter for the plain barrel:
ak-103.com/

How about the slant brake from Arsenal?
www.arsenalusa.com/
Will this work with the previous linked bushing?
Would brake A-278 work on a turned down Maddi?

What are some of the methods for securing brakes to AK's?
Due to current legislation, would the adapter(threaded) have to be attached permanently to the brake?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#1]
As a brake, the AK103 parts have been fine on my SAR1. They come unfinished, and my next one will eventually be paint over parkerizing since my Alumahyde job is not standing up.
Just put the adaptor not on, then the brake, align, and tack weld to the front sight base. It goes nowhere until you choose to dremel to weld at the sight base, leaving the bbl unmolested.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL

someone walked up to me when I was shooting my AK and asked me if "I was the one looking for the muzzlebrake that got shot off"

where you on the very end??
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Was it a -74 look alike?
Are the screws loose?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top