Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/26/2003 7:42:21 AM EDT
guys i bought a ak47 7.62 x 39 this week and love it. really fun and cheap to shoot!!! but as you know 4 inch group is about it at 50 yards.  i am thinking about having someone make me a new barrel for it ? i dont think it would cost more than 200.00. has any one had a new barrel made for one of these guns ? i bet a guy could shoot 2 inch groups at a 100 yards with one. any names of companys would be great who would make one for me. thanks. amrty
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#1]
First try changing ammo and swap out the trigger group.  Barnaul ammo and a redstar trigger should halve your groups.  Second, if that does not work, simply have your current barrel recrowned.  There is no reason with these steps that you should not be getting groups smaller than 4" at 100 yards or even better.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top