Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/22/2003 8:20:23 AM EDT
Hi all. In the past I owned a MAK-90. Liked it, but have since moved on to more "sophisticated" guns. Want to get a gun to just shoot and have fun with, and not have to worry about clunking it around. This is when I remembered my old MAK. It went bang every time I pulled the trigger, and was fun! So, I want to get back into an AK. I want to make an informed purchase and was hoping you guys could help out. Remember, it will just be a fun gun, I have my AR's and FNFAL to shoot seriously with. Really need to know if there are any I should avoid like the plague, and if there are any I should keep an eye out for. Also, price I should be paying. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:40:08 AM EDT
Cheap - Romanian SAR series - $300ish

Midrange - Arsenal, Global Trades, VEPR - $500ish

Upper range - Krebs, Custom builds from Inrange or Ohio Rapid Fire - $600 and up, and well worth it!

They will all go bang every time. So choose a price range and calibre and have fun!
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:52:15 AM EDT
For what you want, might as well go cheap and get the one of the SARs. I got the SAR-1 and have been very happy with it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:18:02 PM EDT
I got a SAR1 friday looks good, have not shot it as yet.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 1:20:59 AM EDT
Howdy all.I too just purchased my first AK.It is a Romanian SAR-1. New in box with the sling,standard 10 round magazine and cleaning kit. I have not shot it yet,but I have learned the basic manual of arms and how to field strip it.The basic functions of this rifle only took a few minutes to learn from the enclosed booklet and a quick internet surfing trip. The cost was $310 plus tax. A trip to my local military surplus store netted two used,but good condition metal 30 round mags for $9 each.I am well pleased with this purchase.Scott
Top Top