Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/22/2003 8:20:23 AM EDT
Hi all. In the past I owned a MAK-90. Liked it, but have since moved on to more "sophisticated" guns. Want to get a gun to just shoot and have fun with, and not have to worry about clunking it around. This is when I remembered my old MAK. It went bang every time I pulled the trigger, and was fun! So, I want to get back into an AK. I want to make an informed purchase and was hoping you guys could help out. Remember, it will just be a fun gun, I have my AR's and FNFAL to shoot seriously with. Really need to know if there are any I should avoid like the plague, and if there are any I should keep an eye out for. Also, price I should be paying. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Cheap - Romanian SAR series - $300ish

Midrange - Arsenal, Global Trades, VEPR - $500ish

Upper range - Krebs, Custom builds from Inrange or Ohio Rapid Fire - $600 and up, and well worth it!

They will all go bang every time.  So choose a price range and calibre and have fun!
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#2]
For what you want, might as well go cheap and get the one of the SARs.  I got the SAR-1 and have been very happy with it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a SAR1 friday looks good, have not shot it as yet.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 1:20:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Howdy all.I too just purchased my first AK.It is a Romanian SAR-1. New in box with the sling,standard 10 round magazine and cleaning kit. I have not shot it yet,but I have learned the basic manual of arms and how to field strip it.The basic functions of this rifle only took a few minutes to learn from the enclosed booklet and a quick internet surfing trip. The cost was $310 plus tax. A trip to my local  military surplus store netted two used,but good condition metal 30 round mags for $9 each.I am well pleased with this purchase.Scott
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top