Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/21/2003 1:15:35 PM EDT
Hi..This is my first post here and I would like to say this is the most informitive ak sight I have found yet on the web..I am looking for 2 FEG ak-47 stamped recievers..Built up or not is fine either way...Thank you..blua_hammer
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:18:24 PM EDT
Global Trades in Houston Texas is using FEG's with their current production rifle, the SSR-56. I bought one of these a few weeks ago but I know that Jimmy Streetman (Owner) said that he no longer sells the FEG seperately because his stock is getting close to gone. I don't know if you're interested in a complete rifle but I though this might help.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:25:48 PM EDT
Hi...Thank you..I'll try them..Any other suggestions on other recievers for building an ak?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:38:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By blua_hammer:
Hi...Thank you..I'll try them..Any other suggestions on other recievers for building an ak?

Alot of AKs are built using OOW or Hesse (not well recommeded) receivers.

www.ohioordnanceworks.com/parts/parts.htm, click on the receivers tab/button.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:46:22 PM EDT
Some current controversy about the OOW rec's as they are not heat treated except about the pin holes. Some aftermarket hardening options but I am not convinced that this is a good idea. I also think that this is much overblown but you should know before you buy.

I have an OOW rec currently being built into a Krink by INRANGE and am sitting on the other one waiting to see how this controversy plays out.

I wish I'd bought a couple of FEGs and milled Bulgies when they were available.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:11:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2003 2:11:28 PM EDT by AJjer_Bullets]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:18:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AJjer_Bullets:
I think this is the FEG, at Florida Gun Workswww.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FG&Product_Code=476&Category_Code=AKA+R

$230 for the receiver? Hope they use plenty of CLP when they rape you? What about Krink brand receivers, what's the dealio with those?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:19:27 PM EDT
Checked out the site and looks like this dude's motto is "Will meet or exceed any higher price in the market place."

You too could own a Romak III for $859.95.

(But he does have FEG receivers and if he's the only game in town and you want one............)
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:41:42 PM EDT
Sh%$%$! And I sold the two I had last year for $175 a piece..... at the time, I wasn't willing to deal with the mods needed to turn them from .223 receivers into 5.45 receivers...
Now I wish I would have kept them. I emailed them too, haven't heard back yet.
That is alot of money for basically shells....
It is funny though, every company I have ever seen sell these, never knows what they really are (or at least states it anyways)...... Hungarian NGM .223 export guns! That's why the dimensions are all whacked! Still a great 5.45 donor though. Gotta like the Eastern European com bloc steel....
-C
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:05:52 AM EDT
Chamberlin, that was my NGM theory. Turns out it was wrong. I talked to Jimmy about that subject on the phone a few months back. He told me that he had gotten the AKM receivers in a unfinished state, and that the mag well and ejector was such that they could be machined for 7.62, 5.45 or 5.56.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:19:53 PM EDT
FLA gun works. WTF? They buy stuff from the same place we can and than charge a couple hundred dollars more. Looks like they just copy and paste pictures from K-var. Only in america.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:27:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/23/2003 7:29:43 PM EDT by PoliticalScience]

Originally Posted By TheRealSundance:
FLA gun works. WTF? They buy stuff from the same place we can and than charge a couple hundred dollars more. Looks like they just copy and paste pictures from K-var. Only in america.

Yeah, but they're the only ones that have the newest, lightweight, compact concealed carry pistol in stock:

For only $1,195, you too can pack heat.

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:37:20 PM EDT
Ekie, well then that is one hell of a Marketable receiver!
-C
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:12:47 PM EDT

TRS, I thought K-Var was sold out ??
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:41:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 5subslr5:

Sold out of what?

Same shit SKSman Pulls>
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:31:45 PM EDT

Sold out of what?

Same shit SKSman Pulls>

I believe the topic was FEG receivers.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:30:43 PM EDT

Sold out of what?

Same shit SKSman Pulls>

OH.
Unless your wear knee pads for Jimmy, they are sold out.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:57:53 PM EDT

Sold out of what?

Same shit SKSman Pulls>

OH.

Now you tell me !

(I was in business too long - wore out all the knee pads crawling in and out of banker's offices. Once told a friend I was the only guy I knew with 38 suit coats and 2 pairs of pants !))
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:31:40 PM EDT

Sold out of what?

Same shit SKSman Pulls>

OH.

Now you tell me !

(I was in business too long - wore out all the knee pads crawling in and out of banker's offices. Once told a friend I was the only guy I knew with 38 suit coats and 2 pairs of pants !))

That's a good one. LOL
Top Top