Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2003 6:42:59 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I am in need of some AK sight tools before bulletfest. I hate to use the little punch to drift the front sight (if needed) and I need to be able to adjust up and down too.

My uncle has a sight tool that looks like an FAL tool and it says "SKS" on it. Does the SKS sight tool work on the AK too? Its like one of the ones TAPCO sells.

I also see TAPCO has the thing that makes it so you don't use the punch you just screw it on there and it can move it.

please advise best tools and where to get...

thanks
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
For me I feel well served with a pair of needle nosed pliers with a wrap of electrical tape on them for the elevation adjustment on the front sight. And a nice sturdy C clamp and 5/8 inch socket and some pieces of old boot tounge leather to adjust the windage on the front sight. You use the socket to receive the front sight drum and the leather to pad the push side of the drum.

If you want to buy a tool B-Square makes the best AK sight tool I have ever seen.

BTW your SKS tool should work if the drum aint too tight.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the B-square tool a combo tool?

who carries it?

guess i'll look for it in the meantime
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#3]
They make a combo as well as seperate tools.
Try this link.
http://www.reliablehost.com/bsquare/scopetools.html
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is the B-square tool a combo tool?

who carries it?

Brownell's carries it. It is a two part tool and is most excellent!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:23:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Even the $ 8.00 TAPCO tool will work as long as the drum isn't frozen in the sight block.  Mine was.  I didn't have a big C-clamp, so I used an automotive puller with sockets.  Same principle, only one needs 4 hands to align and tighten simultaneously.  A real labor of love, but it paid off.  The "interference fit" on my SAR-1 was so tight, I had to completely remove the drum, and sand in some tolerance so that the TAPCO tool could work it without bending.  It's really a convenient tool once the drum was no longer too tight.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top