Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/18/2003 9:40:05 AM EDT
What is the overall consensus of a possible TRILUX calibrated for 5.56x45 on an AK-74?

I am about to embark on a long AK-74 project inspired by the ACME spotted dog AK-74. I would like to hear opinions related to the TRILUX and its effectivness (or lack of) on the AK-74.
Also, are interchangable CAMS the crosshairs unique to either the 5.56 and 7.62 nato?

Next month or so I should be picking up my SAR-2 for the project.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:34:32 AM EDT
[#1]
The SAR-2 is in 5.45x39 caliber.

It is the SAR-3 that is in 5.56 NATO (223 Rem) caliber.  If the tri-lux is trajectory calibrated for a specific round make sure you get the right rifle AND ammo AND barrel length.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The cam labeled "AK" is for use with AK-74s specifically.  Thus, a 16" barrel and 5.45x39 caliber.  Tantals site has a nice couple of pics of an AK-74 with a 1P29 on it.

tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/pro10.html

Edited to add:  

"This example sports an original Soviet 1P29 "Trilux" daytime scope. Note the sight is fitted with the ballistic cam marked "AK" which is calibrated for the 5,45x39mm round. Contrary to popular belief, there is no cam for this sight calibrated for the AK-47/AKM. The other two cams available for the 1P29 are marked for the RPK-74 and the PK machine gun."  

That sums it up pretty well.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top