Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/15/2003 1:25:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/15/2003 1:33:12 PM EDT by THellURider]
at the Funshow. I don't know enough about Ak's but I seem to get the idea from you guys that's not a bad place to start. He wanted $399 for it. He had KVAR (I think) black furniture, slant brake, and he said it had been reparkerized, but it still looked like shit to my AR trained eyes but probably way better than your average AK.

So was that a good deal? I can pick one up from him pretty easy...

Editted to add thats NIB. He is a dealer.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 1:31:54 PM EDT
In my opinion for $399 with all the work done on it that you stated that a good and pratical price. If you need one I would get that one.I like the slant brakes.......WarDawg
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 2:21:38 PM EDT
Like Wardog said, $399 sounds like a fair price considering the work done on it. I would nab one, you won't regret it once the AKs charm takes hold of you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:04:09 AM EDT
Saw a couple new SAR-1's at the Charlotte show this weekend. They were going for $299. Saw a few more for $330 or so too. But then these were new out of the box with no mods.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:57:30 PM EDT
The basic gun is about $290 wholesale, $330 OTD at Ohio shows. Check to make sure it has heat sheilds under the lower handguard (KVAR does). Check for straight sights, gas block, side optic rail darn close to parallel to the receiver/bbl. KVAR stocks come in std commie and 1" longer yankee butt stock lengths.
May well be a nice deal.
Top Top