Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/14/2003 6:09:22 PM EDT
I just bought a Bulgarian AK-74 front sight base and muzzle brake unit on e-bay (havn't got it yet) for my preban Norinco 84S .223.

The thought just hit me: what happens to the threads on the barrel when an AK-74 front sight base is attached?

All Soviet AK's have had a threaded barrel, even the early ones with no muzzle attachments. Did they drop the barrel threading on the AK-74, since the FSB itself is threaded? Did they leave the threads on as a vestigial arrangement? Or do the muzzle threads somehow work with the new FSB?

It looks like the threaded barrel on mine would poke into the blast chamber on the brake. So do '74's have the barrel shortened by this much?

Help, I'm perplexed!

Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:01:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:37:08 AM EDT
[#2]
StormSurge, just curious but why the '74 fsb?

Sounds like alot of work to install.

If all you want is to use the Bulgarian brake you can pick up a 24mm threaded adapter from www.globaltrades.com
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't know it would be that much trouble to install...I might have to sell the new FSB...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top