Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/13/2003 9:00:53 PM EDT

What's the difference between the SAM-7S and the SLR-101S ??

I know there's a price difference but don't know what causes the difference.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:14:03 PM EDT
SA M7 is American made and built at a plant in Nevada by bulgarian engineers who reside there. Excellent rifle, best of breed, but as a milled receiver it is heavy, looks great though.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:36:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:27:58 AM EDT
If I'm not mistaken, the SLR101s was imported as a single stack mag model. For my money I'd go the SAM-7 just the same as I'd take an SAR over a WASR. I'm not dogging anyone's low-cap converted rifle, the price difference just doesn't seem significant enough to sway me from picking "the original".

Just my .02, I know there are plenty of guys on the boards that have had fantastic results with their coverted low-caps.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:37:02 AM EDT
I'm seeing the SLR-101S with the thumbholer already replaced for about $250 less than the SAM-7.

Soooo, I was just wondering what's going on.................
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:39:33 AM EDT
Well, shoot! I didn't realize there was that much price difference!

Perhaps the SLR is the better deal.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:57:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WildWes:
Well, shoot! I didn't realize there was that much price difference!

Perhaps the SLR is the better deal.

You're 'not mistaken' in that the SLR-101 was imported as a single stack, thumbholer and then converted. Also I've read that the SLR-101 won't take a cleaning rod - not a big deal unto itself but that starts me to wondering what else is different.................

Last week I bought a SAM-7 and while I've not yet fired the weapon I'm pretty impressed with the feel, fit and finish. I don't know exactly how to verbalize this but the SAM-7 is one of those guns that just 'feels right' to me.

Top Top