Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 4:41:36 PM EDT
I am a AR15asexual and am looking to buy an AK but don't know which are the best. Romanian, Chec, I don't have a clue. Need some info on which country produces the best one. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:45:53 PM EDT
Here is a link for starters.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:50:49 PM EDT
Prone,
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you - new to AK's. I came here about a month ago and started learning from these folks and asked the same question as you. The answer was that in postban AK's 'Krebs' made the best AK's. A relatively expensive rifle but seems to fill the you-get-what-you-pay-for bill nicely. (Unfortunately the Krebs site is down due to technical difficulties.)

I've recently bought, received but not yet fired a SAM-7 (SAM-7S with the scope rail.) and I'm much impressed with the feel, fit and finish of that AK. Not cheap either - at least not in the AK world.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:43:25 PM EDT
I have a SAM7 Classic, my first and only AK. I hear Bulgarian is the way to go..
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:03:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BillC:
I have a SAM7 Classic, my first and only AK. I hear Bulgarian is the way to go..

Bill, how does your SAM-7 shoot ??
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:08:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/14/2003 12:10:03 AM EDT by BillC]
Hey 5Sub, Well I have less then 200 rounds through it, Theres virtually no recoil, shooting at 100 yards open sites at a target smaller then a paper plate I am very impressed. The trigger is very smooth and the Quality is just fantastic. It is my first and only Ak, so I have no experience with any others no other to compare it to. I am very pleased with it!! Im thinking of getting the SAM7S with the scope rail next.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:19:31 AM EDT
gunsnstuff.net. Check out the milled Bulgarians. I Think they are atleast as good as a SAM7 and I think less money. I love the Vepr but it is not a standard traditional based AK. Best bang for my buck has been Romanians with some handy work at home. My best looker is my SSR85 from Global. I have had mine a few years. I can't speak for the recent batches. CB
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:50:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BillC:
Hey 5Sub, Well I have less then 200 rounds through it, Theres virtually no recoil, shooting at 100 yards open sites at a target smaller then a paper plate I am very impressed. The trigger is very smooth and the Quality is just fantastic. It is my first and only Ak, so I have no experience with any others no other to compare it to. I am very pleased with it!! Im thinking of getting the SAM7S with the scope rail next.

Nice to hear those good words !

I'm going to get a scope rail for the SAM-7 I have - at least I think I am.
Top Top