Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/3/2003 6:12:18 PM EDT
hey guys,

I wanted one of those tan russian slings like AK-USA used to sell and show in some of the pictures in the their gallery. Well I went to order one from either Tantal or AK-USA but both sold out so I tried that AA-OK or whatever it is called. Well their slings only have the clip to attach to the gun on ONE end of the sling? What da hell is up with that? My AK has two sling mount points on it and I thought that was the way it should hook up.

I really wanted one of those but I ended up ordering a CQB solutions one (TAN) with transition buckle and the emergency release buckle, I hope I don't get that and the emergency release piss me off

thanks

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:58:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Rotdorn,

Are the Russian slings from AK-USA and Tantal just like that too? none have two metal clips?
Maybe I am mistaken then, I must be. The ones from Hi-Vel (AA-OK) are authentic russian then correct? I'll have to get me one of those too!

Thanks for correcting me!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
WAIT WAIT!!!
LOOK AT THIS!

click the link to AK-USA I didn't want to steal bandwidth

www.ak-103.com/parts/ak104grass/ak104grass1.jpg
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:19:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:25:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I vill get one from the AA-OK to satisfy the Red army
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I posted in another thread about this, but it's relevent here.
k-var has these aswell.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Perhaps the slings with 2 clips are for the AKSU/or folder models?

I'm with RotDorn on preferring only 1 clip, 1 is noisy enough. The one on AKUSA's site looks like it's really noisy between the clip, sling mount and aluminum buttstock.

I've read that a small piece of aquarium air line slid over the clip quiets them down and reduces scratches but I haven't tried it yet.

I've got some in my attic, might have to give it a try.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Perhaps the slings with 2 clips are for the AKSU/or folder models?

I'm with RotDorn on preferring only 1 clip, 1 is noisy enough. The one on AKUSA's site looks like it's really noisy between the clip, sling mount and aluminum buttstock.

I've read that a small piece of aquarium air line slid over the clip quiets them down and reduces scratches but I haven't tried it yet.

I've got some in my attic, might have to give it a try.

Some clear heatshrink tubeing would also work, and possibly be a bit cleaner and more form-fitting.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#9]
BaNo, that sounds like a far better alternative.

I've got some errands to run, think I'll pick some up and try it tonite.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Let us know how it works.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Will do. I have a feeling I should be able to find the shrink tubing in black which would be fine for this Rommie sling. Clear would probably be better for the gold colored hardware on the Russian slings though.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#12]
shrink rap in black is common and would work great. also you can take a old bike tube and cut it up then carefully superglue it tight
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top