Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/2/2003 6:11:31 PM EDT
Ok for some reason I bought 3 AK-74 "stripper clips."  These don't look like a typical stripper clip though.  For one thing the back of the clip is solid metal.  For another they don't fit into an AK. If you could get them to chamber the back of the clip would block the firing pin and even if it didn't the clip would hit the hood.  The clips also don't fit into a  bakelite mag.  Or at least I can't figure out how to make them fit.

WTF are these for? Are they just for looks? Are these a gag item that I fell into owning?  

Now I've got some bullets on a cheap looking metal strip.  I feel used. I want my money back!!!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#1]
If I understand you correctly, I think you need the "magazine loader" (similar to the "stripper clip guide" for AR-15 mags) to align the stripper clip to the rear of the mag.  Then you push all the rounds down into the mag.

See this photo (from K-VAR):

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#2]
They are used to load the magazine 10 rounds at a time.  You will need a spoon to place on top of the magazine.  The stripper clips are then placed on top of the magazines and held in place by spoon.  The magazine is loaed by pressing the 10 rounds down into the magazine. The stripper simmply hold the rounds for quick and easy magazine reloading.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
hahahah. just kiddin. that was funny
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They are used to load the magazine 10 rounds at a time.  You will need a spoon to place on top of the magazine.  The stripper clips are then placed on top of the magazines and held in place by spoon.  The magazine is loaed by pressing the 10 rounds down into the magazine. The stripper simmply hold the rounds for quick and easy magazine reloading.  

AK-74 clips hold 15 rounds.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:49:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:17:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#8]
A pic with training rounds...www.aa-ok.com/21022p.jpg
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys I got them to work.  It just took some figuring.  I'm still not convinced that they are much faster than just loading the mag (counting loading the stripper and then inserting it into the mag).  But they are certainly easier on the thumbs.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:27:44 AM EDT
[#10]
They were designed for rapid recharges during combat, the average soldier might go into battle with only 5 or so magazines on his person (at least that was how it was explained to me by a former east german soldier)-You load them before hand and then take them with you into combat and if you have to do a mag. recharge after expending your basic load it is faster than thumbing them in 1 at a time.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:04:23 AM EDT
[#11]
i 'll buy them from you if you don't ant them
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top