Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/2/2003 5:56:04 AM EDT
Gentlemen how in the heck do you adjust windage on an AK, I've got a SAR 1 and two Polytech Legends neither shoot on for windage. So before I beat on something and learn the hard way let me know the correct way.
Thank you Pluckmaster.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:59:56 AM EDT
Get yourself a good sight tool. Use black electrical tape so you do not mar the metal. The sight pin is a bear sometimes, but gets easier with time.

HTH
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:07:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:54:24 PM EDT
If you want to try the cheap but less violent way, grab a c-clamp and a socket, press the post over to the desired direction, shoot and maybe try again as needed. You may already have those tools. Otherwise get the sight tool.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:12:17 PM EDT
The front sight post is set in a round bar that is accessible from either side of the sight base. The front sight tool is exactly like a bicycle chain breaker in that it consists of a rigid 'U' frame with a screw on one side to push the sight adjusting bar in very exact increments. Move the front sight in the opposite direction you want the point of impact to go. Use some penetrating oil on it the night before if you can.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:16:55 AM EDT
Thanks everyone, now I know. Ordered a tool from Tapco. No hammer for me this time.
Top Top