Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/2/2003 5:49:40 AM EDT
I just saw a couple of WASR 10 conversions at the Houston Gun Show.  They will accept the High-Cap AK-47/AKM mags.

Has anyone heard of doing this and/or shot these conversions?Global trades had a really nice one.

If you have heard of them, seen them or shot one, how would you compare them to the SAR-1 or the regular Global Trades AK?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:26:17 AM EDT
[#1]
BTW:  This was the first show I havew been to in a couple of months and the first time I have run into these conversions.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:09:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I love my WASR10.. The quality and functionality is on par with the SAR series rifles and usually a bit cheaper too. They are basically the same rifle, minus the magwell dimples in the reciever (it has metal strips welded inside instead). It also has a bit thinner end on the barrel (under the muzzle nut) so threading it for a muzzle brake isn't really possible (you can weld on on etc though) So really IMHO its a good deal if you find one for less than $300.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool.  It seems that Century Arms and Global trades are coverting these to accept the high cap mags.  The Global TRades is $399.00 & has a nice parkerized finish and plastic furniture w/ Global TRades trigger group.

The Centaury Arms conversion looks like a SAR.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top