Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/2/2003 5:49:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2003 5:52:09 AM EDT by SC-Texas]
I just saw a couple of WASR 10 conversions at the Houston Gun Show. They will accept the High-Cap AK-47/AKM mags.

Has anyone heard of doing this and/or shot these conversions?Global trades had a really nice one.

If you have heard of them, seen them or shot one, how would you compare them to the SAR-1 or the regular Global Trades AK?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:26:17 AM EDT
BTW: This was the first show I havew been to in a couple of months and the first time I have run into these conversions.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:09:00 AM EDT
I love my WASR10.. The quality and functionality is on par with the SAR series rifles and usually a bit cheaper too. They are basically the same rifle, minus the magwell dimples in the reciever (it has metal strips welded inside instead). It also has a bit thinner end on the barrel (under the muzzle nut) so threading it for a muzzle brake isn't really possible (you can weld on on etc though) So really IMHO its a good deal if you find one for less than $300.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:41:53 PM EDT
Cool. It seems that Century Arms and Global trades are coverting these to accept the high cap mags. The Global TRades is $399.00 & has a nice parkerized finish and plastic furniture w/ Global TRades trigger group.

The Centaury Arms conversion looks like a SAR.
Top Top