Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/1/2003 6:59:08 PM EDT
Okay, I have searched all over the web and found only a handfull of reviews that are all relatively positive for both of these types of automatic fire simulation devices. My questions are very simple, which one is better? do they work and are they worth the money? and any problems with either device that would persuade me from purchasing either one.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:13:09 PM EDT
. Learn how to bumpfire. Thats all those POS trigger devices do, and they dont even do that well. I've had experience with nearly every kind out there, and the cranks work best, but even then they dont give you the rate of fire that bumping does.

Brrrrraddddddttt
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:06:37 PM EDT
I used to use the hellfire. It seemed to work fairly well. After you get the hang of it, you won't need it anymore. You'll be able to bump fire without it. It does make it easier at first, kinda like training wheels. I've been doing it for so long I have a hard time remembering the "before time". I just get the biggest kick out of admiring a newbies AK, asking if I can try it, burning a clip, and handing it back with a "great little machine gun ya got there". They usually spend the rest of the day trying to figure out how I did it. I try to help, but it takes practice.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:22:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:16:05 AM EDT
It has been my experience that these devices are a waste of money.

Learn to bump fire an AK and then transfer that knowledge to other rifles.

I can bump my AK pretty good. I am still learning to bump the AR but I can occasionally get full mag dumps. The same is true for my M1 Carbine and my FAL.

WARNING: Do not attempt this with a 12 guage shotgun, they hurt like hell.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:52:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2003 6:54:16 AM EDT by Juggernaut]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:06:38 AM EDT
I always see everyone bump firing from the hip. Is it possible to do it from the shoulder? I just ordered an AK and would like to learn how to do this. So, how exactly do you do it?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:17:28 PM EDT
Juggernaut; Is your 1187 marked 'Police' and Parkerized? I picked up one of those at a show about 5 years ago with a Choate pistol-grip stock and matching forend - love it. A sweet-shooting 12 gauge.
Top Top