Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 4:08:31 AM EDT
Anybody noticed that the FX channel is showing a movie tonight at 8:00 about the bank robbery in L.A. several years ago, when the two robbers had the police outgunned, thanks to Feinsteinism. Anxious to see how they (Fox) portray the weapons used. Movie's called '44 Minutes'.
Probably how long it took the police to borrow the AR15's.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:26:41 AM EDT
[#1]
This looks like much anti gun propaganda to me. The whole thing about the officers being armed only with courage, that was the problem! If they had been outfitted with AR's there would be no movie, hardly any story, and much less tragedy. I salute the officers that risked their lives to stop this but the beaurocrats that failed them by taking their weapons away need to be keelhauled. I doubt they will hold anyone that was responsible for the officers being so badly outfitted accountable. They'll just demonize the AK and DU will post a thread about how awful it is that people can get ahold of such monsterous weapons of mass destruction like an AK47. That being said, I can't wait to watch it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I just watched the film.  The scene that got me was when the police officers went into the local gun shop to "borrow" ar-15 rifles.  When the owner produced the rifles, the officer stated that he was shocked that a person could buy them.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't watch it

The timing is too cozy in regard to the AWB sunset coming up...looks too much like a chance to show how deadly those nasty Semi autos (illegal full autos but who's counting) are...

One sighted in 06 with a 6 power scope would have ended the whole thing from 200 yards down the street in 3 minutes or so...

A disarmed citizenry had nothing to contribute I guess...

I never take arms when I go to the big K as there are too many penalties if they find it in my trunk and the place gives me the creeps...(my daughters work and go to school there and geez that sucks big time.)
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Watched last PM and was fine with the whole presentation until the same point that shadesofgrey mentioned above. Can't help but believe that that was a little editorializing by Fx Network. Hardly believe that a statement like that would have been remembered or repeated by a gun dealer being interviewed.
Problem easily handled though. Removed FX channel from remote control. Screw 'em.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I tuned in for about 5 minutes, both of the gunmen were outside and it was a slow motion scene of a cop getting shot twice. Then it hit me, I've already seen it! Discovery channel or one of those cable outets already did a mock up with real footage added in.

I question both the timing and reasoning behind making a movie of the ordeal. I remember the first time I saw the real footage, it was pretty surreal to watch those nuts just bumbling about shooting with no fear of being taken out. I don't think the movie could have replicated that feeling.

They could make a movie about crimes in LA every week. Why this, why now?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#7]
The gun delaer also stated that the CAR's on the wall were used by the U.S. military.  Were they saying he was a full auto dealer?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#8]
This movie is just like any other B movie with guns.
Showing bullets creating damage they aren't capable of doing.
Magazines that have an endless supply of ammo.

Although they definitley threw in their little snipits at AWs.
If I were one of those cops in the gunstore, I would have gotten a .444.
Now that would be entertaining. Bad guy pool!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought they did a fair job with the gunfight itself. It seemed to compare well with the real footage in most respects. I was actually pretty impressed that they remembered all the guns the badguys had, as I thought they were going to simplify it down to just the two AKs after I saw the commercials.  I think the little interveiw things were pretty cornball, especially the one where the Mario Van Peebles guy is like "I don't think anyone can understand what it was like out there that day..." I mean, seriously, even my mom scoffed at that one. I'm betting there are people who know what it's like to be shot at by a few more then just two guys with AKs... like thousands of Vietnam vets for example. In fact my mom (who was watching it with me) even scoffed at the gunshop scene: "Yeah, like a police officer wouldn't know what kinds of guns civilians can buy!" and she thinks guns are "nasty."
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top