Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/31/2003 4:34:13 PM EDT
I've read various hints and how to's on what to replace and what not to replace and have a new (to me) MAK 90 with a Choate thumbhole butt stock and fore-end.

I want to put new furniture as well as new internals (and what ever else is needed)to make this a more traditional looking AK...that makes legal parts amount.

If I put a new Red Star trigger group and a new traditional length butt stock and forend onto the piece and replace all the magazine plates is there anything else I need to do to be in compliance with the law?

(And I am also proceeding once again to the other parts of the forum to read the help and hints there)

experiences or help on this semi-unexpected project gun?

Oh, I plan to replace the dust cover (if I can find one) any hints on where to find one that will fit the MAK 90?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:48:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/31/2003 4:51:01 PM EDT by 03shooter]
Congrats on your purchase! See my post on the K-VAR green stocks so you know how I feel about that. I think if you use the RSA trigger group and the USA made stock set you will be good to go but check with someone more knowledgable than me to be sure. I would try K-VAR or Global Trades for a new top cover. Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:51:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/31/2003 4:58:00 PM EDT by Mbsk01]
If you replace the stock, pistol grip, handguards and the FCG, you will not need to replace mag floorplates.

I have a MAK90 which I have been doing the same to myself, it's not too hard.

I know it's little help, but if you want original wood furniture, I can give/sell you some cheap (T-hole stock though). If you are going the polymer route, stick with the K-Var set.

Here is a link to a place that should sell as near as you can get to the origianl dustcover: www.polytechparts.com/

Here is a pic of mine before I convinced a kind-hearted staffer to finish the furniture for me:
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:54:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/31/2003 4:56:28 PM EDT by DeeJay]
After seeing 03's furniture set I'm sort of bowled over and will go with that (when my GP-100 snub sells) but the wood on your's looks outstanding even before refinishing...

Edited because I was too impatient to wait for the picture of the wood set to load the first time...
Top Top