Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 4:08:48 PM EDT
just wanted to let the board know what a great job Mike at Ohio Rapid Fire has done with keeping me posted with my AK74 kit i sent him.
My kit arrived last Friday 23 May, and is now finished and in transit to my house a week later!!!.
He let me know when he received my rifle, when it would be finished, and he came through with flying colors.
give him a look here
ohiorapidfire.com/
here is a pic of the finished rifle
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I just got the opportunity to stop by ORF on Wednesday. I missed Mike but I was able to take a snoop around.

A few Krinks in stock, some HK's, and some really nice looking FALs ( I liked the wood stocked ones).

I was kinda sorry I missed Mike though.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:15:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good !
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks great, glad to see one built up with the wood stock set. Matter of fact, that's a nice looking set of Bulgarian wood--seems to match really well compared to some I've seen.

I've been hoping to get out to ORF for some time now, if I can kick this pneumonia out of my system I'm going later next week. I need to drop off an item or two....
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice rifle!  There's always something good going on at ORF.....I'm going to enjoy rolling in their and seeing all of them....

KF
"Still Deployed"
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:11:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:21:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys!!

EX11B,
Glad you like it.

Mbsk01,
5 minutes. I left 5 minutes befor you got there! Stop by again when your up this way. Let me know the day and I'll be there.

Wildwes,
Look forward to the visit.

Krinkfreak,
When in the hell you coming home? Got a new project you will love!

If any of you guys are in the area, stop in. Even if you aren't looking to a buy anything. We enjoy meeting fellow gun nuts!! See you all at Bulletfest,

Mike

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:31:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I need to get over there sometime and see you guys! I'm not that far away in Preble.

I was praising your cable commercials in the Hometown Ohio forum a while back.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had Todd at Ohio Rapid Fire build be an FAL carbine a few months ago.  It is far more accurate than I am.  Thier service was top notch and I plan on having a AK74 built by them in the near future.  Have you had a chance to fire it yet and if so what are the groups like?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks guys!!

Krinkfreak,
When in the hell you coming home? Got a new project you will love!

If any of you guys are in the area, stop in. Even if you aren't looking to a buy anything. We enjoy meeting fellow gun nuts!! See you all at Bulletfest,

Mike

Mike, looks like my rotation date will get me out of here sometime in July, most probably late July.  I know you guys are always working on some kind of "Project X" in the shop.  It kills me to be over here and not hanging out with you guys at the store.  Whatever you guys are building....I probably want one!!!!

Tell Todd, Tina, and Chuck I said hello!!

Hope to see you soon,

T

KF
"Still Deployed"
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
 Have you had a chance to fire it yet and if so what are the groups like?

i havent received the rifle yet, so i have been unable to test fire it yet, it was shipped out yesterday, and in a big brown UPS truck as we speak.
the pic i posted was sent to me by Mike at ORF.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Thats a fine looking 74. I am curious what they charged. I have a 74 black kit waiting for a build. What reciever did you go with. CB
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#12]
its 200 for a standard build, and park job. you supply the kit and receiver, Mike supplies the labor.
I used an OOW (Ohio Ordnance Works) receiver, and a Bulgy kit from K-VAR
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:07:14 AM EDT
[#13]
ME LIKE
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top