BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Well now that my thread has been totally hijacked (of course its my first post that has made it to 2 pages), I guess I should get in on the 'new' theme...

The 7.62 X 39 kills people just fine.  5.56 aint bad either.  While working in the ER, I saw many more shootings from 7.62 than 5.56 so my experience is skewed.  The bangers never really wanted to cough up the dough for the more expensive AR's and the ammo - Is MY guess.

To sumerize some of the above: yes, its energy that kills.  But only energy that gets transfered/delivered to the target that counts.

I think the 2 rounds both have there pros and cons.  No shit. What doesnt?  There is no perfect bullet!

Getting shoot with either will ruin you day!  Personally, its not really going to matter if the 7.62 shatters your femur (thigh) and lacerates your femoral artery causing you to bleed out or the the 5.56 enters your thigh and exists via your liver.  Youre screwed in either case. And yes, these are real life examples, both BG's went to BG Heaven or Hell or wherever BG's go that beer poured on the ground can get to them is.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#2]
We specialize in thread hijacking around here.

Anytime you want a thread to go on for pages just compare the AR to the AK. After that it has a mind of its own!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
We specialize in thread hijacking around here.

Anytime you want a thread to go on for pages just compare the AR to the AK. After that it has a mind of its own!

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#4]
The AR is overwhelmingly superior to the communist POS called an AK. By the time you get your safety off you have revealed your position and the rounds will already be flying your way. If you are lucky enough to get a shot off it will probably be 3 ft to the left of me and it will be too late for you. Hence the supposed  reliability of your commie POS AK will never be realized as your own personal reliability is now zero.

Later, communist scum sucking pigs!

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:52:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with the good doc that the ergonomics of the AK are lacking and that accuracy is not as good as found with most AR's.  However, a quality AK (not most of what people are currently buying) is a different story.  My sam 7 shoots between 4-5 inches at 250 yards, iron sights, barnual HP ammo.  While not as accurate as my AR's - it hasnt jammed or skipped a beat in 750+ rounds (funny how the original topic of this thread is coming back around).  Had the good doc been using my ar when I started this post, I could have laughed at him advancing with his AR club while I shoot him with my AK.

Once again, I was not overly impressed with my SAR1 and the critisms about sights, ergonomics, quality, substandard accuracy are very valid.  But its hard to bag on a weapon that always works and a monkey can maintain/trouble shoot. Hell, the thing cost $300 and a basic AR costs at least $800.  You get what you pay for.  If the same $$ were spent on a quality AK (actually less, sam 7 runs $550-650) the practical accuracy and quality issues go away.  Ergonomics are as much a function of taste and training anyway.

Let the Commies have there day.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Let the Commies have there day.

Now what fun would that be. Hell, the commies here, led by Chairman Mao and Campy Stalin live to bash the AR and other antics.

Do not disparage the AR as a club. It is one of my favorites. Works okay as a spear as well.
It is like a swiss army knife!

And you may be laughing as I move forward with my "club" but what'll that do to your accuracy! I will close rapidly as you roll about on the ground attempting to regain your composure and take aim. Once again the AR has proven superior.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:06:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The AR is overwhelmingly superior to the communist POS called an AK. By the time you get your safety off you have revealed your position and the rounds will already be flying your way. If you are lucky enough to get a shot off it will probably be 3 ft to the left of me and it will be too late for you. Hence the supposed  reliability of your commie POS AK will never be realized as your own personal reliability is now zero.

Later, communist scum sucking pigs!

The great thing about the AK is that it keeps getting better all the time. The gobment had to dump buku denero into the M-16 to get it to where it is now. In tha last year or so it has been amazing to see how many different places are reconfiguring and offering improvments to the AK. Peep sights, windage adj. peep sights, mag wings, an intergrated sight rail (thanks Krebs) left handed safetys, and just a few weeks ago, a bolt hold open device. And while the worst of the AKs are REALLY inacurate compared even to the worst of the ARs, the best of the AKs are almost as accurate as the best of the ARs (talking service rifles here).
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#8]
does this weapon from krebs maintian its zero if the top cover is removed and placed back on?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#9]
It is supposed to. But after all, it is still  an AK.  Don't expect too much.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hey, I'm telling Mom!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Well another problem with the same AR that prompted this post.  So as not offend the Non-darkside I posted it over there.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=66&t=161382

You all are of course invited to attend.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Saw your post and agree with disconnector problem. May just have been due to debris given the saga as it is. Still think gunscrubber would've been a good idea but maybe things have cleared out with a little action. Hopefully will be okay now but I'd say clean it thoroughly after each outing for a couple of times.
Good cleaning and inspection of FCG is mandated, of course.

Just so nobody got the wrong idea:
I have quite a few AK's and like them all.

2 MAK-90's
SAR-1
Polytech underfolder
Valmet
Galil
Krink in 5.45 being built at INRANGE

and TODAY I picked up my latest acquisition:

www.fjvollmer.com/A%20Gun%20Photos/May%202003/5-3/sa%2085M%20%20AK/hungary_ak.htm

Still like my 4 AR's better but I'm just having a little fun here as anyone who knows me will attest to.

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm just having a little fun here as anyone who knows me will attest to.

Well, in that case...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:24:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm just having a little fun here as anyone who knows me will attest to.

Well, in that case...

Ouch...ouch...ouch...Knock it off you sonovabitch!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Why would anyone want all those communist POS's?

Hippocrate!!!

Admit Doc, you love the AK!  Secretly, its your favorite.  Be honest, just 'cause this is an AR site we wont think less of you...  You can tell us...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Why would anyone want all those communist POS's?

They call to me! I can't help it. Everytime I see a different variant I have to have it.

Hippocrate!!!

Okay, okay, you're right. I can't take the secrecy anymore![>Q]

Admit Doc, you love the AK!  Secretly, its your favorite.  Be honest, just 'cause this is an AR site we wont think less of you...  You can tell us...

Still like my AR's better but there is just something about AK's. The power of the darkside

I put clay pigeons all over the berm at the range. 100-150m. Then: bang,bang,bang...bang, bang....bang,bang,bang,bang....and so it goes as the pigeon frags are flying about. Just can't seem to shoot like that with my AK's. Will try it with my new Hungarian, though, and we'll see.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top