Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/22/2003 12:50:46 PM EDT
While I debate what to do with the other $1K of my weapons budget, I've decided to settle on a krink-carbine type. Ohio Rapid Fire seems to make the nicest looking for the best price, but I'm wondering how their service is, what kind of turn around time from ordering to delivery, and how the quality of the finished product is (hope those arnt Hesse recievers).

Furthermore, what caliber to get? After qualifying with the M-4 a few months ago for the Army I'm realy NOT excited about .223 out of a short barrel, so I'm trying to choose between 5.45 and 7.62- I've currently got a fully tricked-out SAR2 in AK-74 guise, right down to the 90-degree gas port and FSE "Spetzna" stock, so a 5.45 krink would mean an easy mag/ammo situation, but OTOH, I realy like the idea of a .30-cal CQB weapon, and it would make justifying a RPK type purchase (NHM-91?) with some drums, easy. So any tie breakers of advice out there?

And finaly- what kind of accessories are out there for the Krink? Anyone make rail handguards for them so one could mount an M-4 style virticle foregrip and light/laser combo? Or how about just a virticle foregrip with a forward cant to it instead of the backwards ones seen from Romania as of late?

Well, any advice and info would be well appriciated.

Thanks,

Ryan
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:01:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Campy, thanks again.

As for the rear swept fore-grip, one of the Romanian stock sets has it, thats why I asked.

Still, they're both for the AKM, not the AKSU, any chance of being able to whittle down the rear of an AKM handguard to fit a Krink?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:36:56 AM EDT
[#3]
RG,

We have the 5.45x39 and the .223 in stock. They have the standard barrel extension.

Mike

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#4]
FFL along with a short note from myself and my transfering party went out about 20 minutes ago. I'll give you a ring in about a week to handle he payment.

Thanks so very much.

R.G.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds good. When you call, ask for Todd. He does all $ stuff.

Mike
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top