Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/22/2003 7:31:10 AM EDT
Just a heads up.  I ordered 10 of the steel ones AIM is selling about a week ago.  Received them yesterday.  They are used, ie. they have serial # stampings of the mags, other than that they look NEW. They have been refinished and they come with a light coat of oil, not that damned cosmoline glue/wax crap the Soviet block seems so fond of.  Very nice quality and excellent finish - much nicer than the CDNN mags 'used' mags I got 2 months ago (which were 95%+ condition).

The welds and bodies are MUCH nicer than an East german, Romanian, or Chinese mags that I have.

Just thought I'd pass the word
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:09:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks, I ordered some as well but haven't received them yet. How well do they compare to the Bulgarian 30rds?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I only have 2 bulgy mags (waffle pattern , plastic) so it may be that I have a few oddballs.  When I have tried them in various AK's (mostly SAR's) they are hit and miss as far as locking up.  That is they may or may not lock above the mag catch like they are supposed to.  Granted this is probably a problem with the assembly of the rifle itself and not the mags, but I havent had this problem with any metal mags in the SAR's.  Also the bulgy mags seem tighter/wider and sometimes 'bind' on the sides of the receiver during insertion - again this may be more the gun's fault than the mags'.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top