Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/21/2003 2:22:08 PM EDT
For those of you who don't surf the other side of this site much.

It appears that not only do certain individuals want to extend the '94 Assault Weapons Ban, they want to make it FRIGHTENLY WORSE!!!

H.R. 2038

Let's hope that this doesn't have a chance in hell of passing...
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy crap! Even the cute little M-1 Carbine wouldn't escape! The only bright side would be that practically everything would be "pre-ban" and I would take that as meaning (regardless of what they were to say about it) that they can have any of the banned features. Fair is fair and banned is banned after all.  

Oh, yeah, and the other bright side is that by targeting rifles that even anti-gun people see as fairly tame, they may very well be taking a much too aggressive approach. The first ban succeded because it was so minimalistic in it's approach, this one is probably too much to fast, and that would be it's downfall.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
For those of you who don't surf the other side of this site much.

It appears that not only do certain individuals want to extend the '94 Assault Weapons Ban, they want to make it FRIGHTENLY WORSE!!!

H.R. 2038

Looks like they did their homework this time. '94 ban was just plain stupid and they know it--just took the idiots awhile. For all of their rhetoric to the soccer mommies about how the streets are now safer for their babies, they know it was totally meaningless. All it did was piss us off.

Enemies of the people. All of them.
This current group of democrats that's left is a serious danger to this nation, and freedom. What's more, they know it. It has been their goal for a long time.

Let's hope that this doesn't have a chance in hell of passing...

It doesn't and they know that also. They will beat GW upside the head with this one in the election. The soccer moms actually like him. Boy, does that piss people like Daschle and the rest off. Their goal is to get some of those votes back. If not in the pres race, the congressional one.
And then they'll be back
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
"This current group of democrats that's left is a serious danger to this nation, and freedom. What's more, they know it. It has been their goal for a long time."

I wouldn't go that far. I doubt they want anything that profound. Stuff like this is for political gains only, not some sort of master plan to oppress the people.  If anyone should lose freedoms, it's a considered a tolerable side effect by someone who wants to make political gains as badly as most any politician does, right or left.  

Upon closer inspection, it looks like this particular bill is more of a scare tactic anyway, set up to appear as threatening as possible to the right by someone who is pro-gun. Note the long list of Joe-Shmoe backers at the top. It looked like a much bigger deal until I noticed that.

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Guys ...

Has anything like this .. once banned .. Has it ever been turned back... look at the Freak'n MG ban ... We can not own any modern MGs unless in a special class of license .. and even then, ATF is now limiting some toys like HK21E's .. What a life without a belt-fed!

Once we loose the right or a Gun law has been passed ...I have a feeling it stays in place with very good chance of worst things coming in future ...

I just hope there is a prayer for us to keep our guns for a lot longer ....than some in foreign countries..

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:54:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"This current group of democrats that's left is a serious danger to this nation, and freedom. What's more, they know it. It has been their goal for a long time."

I wouldn't go that far. I doubt they want anything that profound. Stuff like this is for political gains only, not some sort of master plan to oppress the people.

Okay, I'll specifiy that they seek to oppress conservatives and conservative thought. Over the past several decades which segment of the population has lost the most rights, including freedom of speech. Which segments have gained the most? And by this I mean more rights, more freedom. Don't think this is something innocent or incidental.
And it is about power. If they gain politically, they gain power. Clinton sold out our entire country to N. Korea and China merely to stay in power. Guys like Johnson sold this nation out and alot of our men were maimed or lost their lives so he could stay in power and further damage this nation.

Upon closer inspection, it looks like this particular bill is more of a scare tactic anyway, set up to appear as threatening as possible to the right by someone who is pro-gun. Note the long list of Joe-Shmoe backers at the top. It looked like a much bigger deal until I noticed that.

Not a scare tactic. They will use this during the 2004 election. Just setting up their play now.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:46:01 AM EDT
[#6]
If that bill happens to get passed I'm packing my fucking bags and moving to Switzerland.

-Then again, maybe not.  Sounds like they are trying to do the same thing over there as they are here.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top