Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/20/2003 7:42:23 AM EDT
How's the quality on these stocks sets? Do they have the liners etc. in them? I want to buy a set but wanted to get some input from those who own or have seen them. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:45:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I currently have a black set and I love it.  what liners are you talking about?  I did use the existing metal hardware from my Romanian SAR (screws, metal thiny from the uppr hand guard), but other than that.  It fits like a glove.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:58:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm very pleased with mine... and if you're referring to the liner in the lower handguard... mine had it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#4]
My black polymer AK-74 set on my SAR-2 came with the AK-100 type heat shield liners for the handguards. My hands never get hot at all (unless I touch the barrel by accident ).

It's a damn good stock set. Just make sure you don't go gay and buy plum!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:29:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Like mine alot. Same as the Bulgy, although I do like my Bulgy buttstock a little bit better as I think it is slightly better constructed. The KVAR US buttstocks rattle a little. The Bulgy stock is shorter by an inch and a quarter, I think.
In some ways I like it shorter, in some ways not.

As for hardware: I recommend the screws that KVAR has for the US set for any of the poly stocks. Just go in easier. I got the Bulgy screws for the bulgy stock and used the wood screw set from my MAK when I put the black poly set on and both were a PITA.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#6]
If your buttstock rattles doctor, that means it isn't screwed in right. Did you shave off too much plastic on the stock's insertion piece? It should be a snug fit for any AKM or AK-74 type receiver. Mine barely went in. It's very tight.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If your buttstock rattles doctor, that means it isn't screwed in right. Did you shave off too much plastic on the stock's insertion piece? It should be a snug fit for any AKM or AK-74 type receiver. Mine barely went in. It's very tight.

No, mine fits fine. It is in the trap door compartment, maybe its spring. Not sure but with any rapid movement it will rattle a little. Both of mine do. The Bulgy stock does not.
Not a big deal at all. Most people probably wouldn't notice it unless it was their rifle if you know what I mean. I do like the stocks and they will stay, though I do wish I had put a Bulgy buttstock on my SAR.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How's the quality on these stocks sets? Do they have the liners etc. in them? I want to buy a set but wanted to get some input from those who own or have seen them. Thanks!

wessono, what rifle are you going to put them on?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wessono, what rifle are you going to put them on?

I want to put them on an SAR 2.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:14:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Should go on easily on the SAR. The chicoms are a little different. That's why I asked.

You will like your new stockset.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks everyone - sounds like the K-var set will do me just fine.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top