Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/15/2003 9:54:35 PM EDT
Alright, a couple months back I defended the French people from attacks as to their fighting ability and man-hood. Now I take all that back. They truly have lost their scruples. The Napoleonic France of old is long gone.

Poor Brigitte Bardot is under attack by her own government. Who could do harm to a babe like this:

Now I know Campybob shagged her back in the 60s, but we should stage something at Bulletfest in honor of her. We should also honor the last hero of France, Jean-Marie Le Pen, as well. He's an honorable guy too.

VIVE LE PEN!!!!!!

www.guardian.co.uk/france/story/0,11882,956179,00.html

Anti-gay, anti-Islam Bardot to be sued

David Hearst and Paul Webster in Paris
Thursday May 15, 2003
The Guardian

It takes a lot for the French to lose patience with their ageing stars, and Brigitte Bardot, an unabashed fan of the National Front leader, Jean-Marie Le Pen, was given a lot of rope.
Yesterday the free ride for her tirades against the decadence of modern society ended after two anti-racist and human rights movements announced they would take the 68-year-old to court.

Her latest outburst, a book called Un Cri Dans Le Silence, attacks Islam, gays, the unemployed, teachers and illegal immigrants, and calls for a return of the guillotine.

She says that gays are fairground freaks, teachers arrive at work with greasy hair wearing disgusting jeans and muddy trainers, and that "the professional unemployed" don't even want to work illegally.

She rails against what she claims is the "Islamisation of France", and after a lifelong campaign against the death penalty, she says the guillotine should be brought back for those who murder children.

The Movement Against Racism And For The Friendship of Peoples (MRAP) and the League of Human Rights said yesterday they would sue her. Mouloud Aounit, the president of MRAP, said: "We expect justice to hit her hard. We need a ruling which will dissuade and prevent her from making further outbursts."

The former film star, who once shook middle-class moralists with her libertine lifestyle, said it had been her intention to shock by "saying out loud what people think to themselves" - a phrase invented by Mr Le Pen.

Ms Bardot, who is married to a National Front executive, Bernard d'Ormale, was last interviewed by Paris Match, at her seaside villa in St Tropez and the nearby farmhouse.

She claimed that it was while driving between the two houses on her way to feed the goats that she realised that "the intrinsic and fundamental values of mankind no longer existed".
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

The former film star, who once shook middle-class moralists with her libertine lifestyle, said it had been her intention to shock by "saying out loud what people think to themselves" - a phrase invented by Mr Le Pen.

shit, I've been doing that for years.  Come to think of it its caused nothing but problems for me also. Oh well, I'll keep trying. Maybe I'm a man ahead of my time...or behind? Nah.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 1:25:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting that a private person can be sued in France for stating their opinion in public.  So much for Liberte.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:37:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:54:44 AM EDT
[#4]
So feeding goats turned her into Pat Buchannon?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:35:43 AM EDT
[#5]
She was one of my favorite bimbo's back when I was growing up.

Then Pamala Anderson.

Now............??  I'm still looking and haven't decided yet.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:18:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:06:09 AM EDT
[#7]
With a title like that did you really think you needed to explain????

Campy, my hero will always be Greg Lemond.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:21:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I always try and remember except for Ben Franklin getting France to sign a treaty during the Revolutionary War there would likely be no USA.  However, remembering is getting harder.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:25:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
allez!

le tour de france starts soon! this is the 100th anniversary of le tour....and a perfect year for lance to not only win the tour, but to then proclaim himself "napoleon"!

odd...i'm just getting ready to imerse myself in french culture for the month of july.

listening to the tour, live, on the computer. watching tour coverage on my friend's tv (he gets europe...i have rabbit ears!). reading tour reports in the newspapers and velo news.

ah....july! the tour! lance kicking the world's ass.

byw, an AMERICAN just won liege-bastogne-liege for the first time in the race's history!!!

vive les americans! vive brigitte!

BI-CYCLE! BIIIII-CYCLE! I want you to ride my bi-cycle!!!!!!

Thanks for that cover pic by the way Campy. Heheheheheh.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
DEATH TO THE FRENCH!!!!!

...yeah...yeah...yeah...blah...blah...blah..
everybody wants to talk about the weather, but nobody is willing to do anything about it....

Ok then, how about a week from Thursday.  We can all tell our wives that we have a doctors apointment as a cover story........... and still be back in time for super.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted: Ok then, how about a week from Thursday.  We can all tell our wives that we have a doctors apointment as a cover story........... and still be back in time for super.

You know he's serious about this too RotDorn. He even has the uniforms to make it historically correct!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#14]
 Seriously though.  That is pretty damn nice of them.  Those wool uniforms are hot, and all that black leather and grey steel pot get pretty warm too.

Gotta go.  Have to battle the dreaded 101st early tomorrow morning then all next night. 24 hours in the field.

Dirt darts!  Yum!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top