Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 3:42:34 PM EDT
YES!!! It's in, I finally got it after waiting only 2 weeks from:
http://www.independencearms.com/  Randy at Independence Arms is D man!!
I just came back from picking up my AK-74 and I took some pictures, the rifle looks great! Can't wait for Sunday to take her to the range.

It sure looks a lot better in person!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet!  Just don't go on a shooting rampage with that un-PC black rifle!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:15:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#4]
how is the rivet work and the finish? i will be sending randy a build pretty soon.
                thanks  jay
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#5]
OOOOOH .. Sooooo Sweet !  Can't wait for mine ....

Already got 2500 rnds (1500 Barnaul +1000 wolf)of 5.45 *39 and another 1500 Barnaul on the way via UPS.

Got me Kobra too ...

Warm up that black puppy .. Let it bark as much as it wants! ....Let the Kobra direct the fire downrange!

Link Posted: 5/13/2003 1:59:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
how is the rivet work and the finish? i will be sending randy a build pretty soon.
                thanks  jay

The rivet work is absolutely exceptional! I don't know how Randy did it, it just looks GREAT! I tried taking pictures of the rivets but they were all coming out too dark.

Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:35:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Take it out side and take the pics with the sun to your back.  That should clear up your light problem.

Brick
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Lucky guy.... very very nice AK..... absolutely stunning... Too bad we cannot get then in Canada :(
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#9]
And onto the night the darkness spreads yet again!!!  Congrats Frank!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:27:41 AM EDT
[#10]
wow. very very nice.i am excited now. thanks for the close up look.
                later  jay
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Glad you like it. I gave Randy my kit last week. Did you go with his trigger kit, or use the Red Star? He's got a kit that he likes real well. I'm going with the RSA cuz I like adjustments.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I went with the Red Star as well. You are going to love the rifle, I will be shooting it tomorrow.
I am glad Randy is getting some work from us, he is a very nice guy. It looks like I may be getting another rifle from him, I just waiting for his proposal and pictures. This guy is really talented.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#13]
hey Frank , thats a real beauty, good luck
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#14]
i will be suppling in all the parts(even the rivets). he is suppling the receiver. i cant wait to to get it sent off to him...well to get it back to me, well you know:)
                 later  jay
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#15]
OK, back from the range with a BIG smile on my face, this thing shoots better than it looks, it is accurate and a lot of fun, the only problem was that the spent shells FLY out of the rifle about 10 - 12 feet, I was hitting people on their heads 2 and 3 benches over to my right, they complained a few times. F. them if they can't take a joke! I had a ball.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#16]

That's normal for an AK, any AK.

On some things, I can watch the shells pop out (my FAL, M1A, AR, etc)...the AKs and my HK93? You need eyesight above and beyond to catch the shell in mid-flight.

This is why I always take the right-most lane at the range :)

That thing looks awesome. I can't wait to build out my bulgie kits. I love my SAR-2 (recently back from ARS, with a refinish and romy FSB/brake installed)...but, well, it's a SAR-2. Not an AK-74.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top