Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 6:01:40 PM EDT
As some of you may know, I've been unemployed for a while and trying unsuccessfully to find a job.  I've had some major bills piling up for a while.  I have also had a Krinkov build at SAI for a long time that I had been counting on coming in a few months ago so I could sell it and use the money to pay some long overdue bills.  Well, my completion date was supposed to be April 30th - which has come and gone.  Then I was told it would ship on Monday, but since Saturday I have not gotten any of my emails answered.  My economic situation has gotten pretty desperate.

Today a job I thought I was going to get went to someone else.  I also lost my remaining grandparent today as well (my Grandmother).

Sorry for the bitch-fest, but I just had to vent.  Thanks for the ears, guys.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, sucktastical. I thought it was rough when I couldn't find a Russian sling. I hope things look up for ya man.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If nothing else, the internet provides a good way to vent.

FWIW, I lost my father while I was unemployed.  Cherish the relatives you have left.

THINGS WILL GET BETTER!

Keep your chin up, vent as needed.

SRM
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]
 This too shall pass.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
My 1 month old brand new car was hit today by some stupid female driver. Bad day for me too seeing as this was supposed to be a good day off after receiving my M4 RAS from the BBT...along with my AIM mag purchase :(
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:04:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.  Fistpoint, sorry to hear about the car :(

Just got an email from SAI saying my rifle was ready to ship but on test firing was jamming and that I should have some more patience.  In my current mood and condition that was the last thing I wanted to hear but I kept from letting my anger and frustration go down avenues better left untrodden.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:15:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:52:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Take it from an old man, keep your chin up kid. Some days shit will flow like a river.....it makes you a better person (I think, hehe). You're a good guy Greywolf.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:26:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, Bob and Hozer.  I must be an incredible person because the shit sure has been flowing lately.

Bob - hope you are wrong - I really, really need that damn rifle now, not 3 months from now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:19:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Hang in there man!

I too was in your position, job injury w/no insurance and needin the builds back from Gucci goo so I could sell them. I had explained to him over a period of probly 3 months my situation (back then 2000-2001). Hell, he never even tried. Later after a big show down with my wife I got an email that said "If I would have known your situation I would have worked day and night to get something to you". What a "Buddy", and I'm s'posed to have patients with crap responses like that!

I've been waitin since Oct 2000 for a Krinkov that I have $1500 in. First gucci goo said it didn't function properly because it needed to have the rail changed out. Seems to me that he should have known that since he's a "MASTER GUNSMITH" before he assembled it! Now mind you this was Nov 2000. This one alone has been 2 1/2 years.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn bud, so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Anything I can do, just shout.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey, TJ - thanks, man.  I'm hoping to still be able to do that shooting thing we were discussing for Thursday the 22nd.  I was HOPING to have that Krinkov by then as I was planning on at least shooting it a few times before I sold it.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Greywolf,

Sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing, if she was half as wonderful as the one I lost a few years ago, you'll cherish your memories of her forever. Everytime I think of my grandma, I can't help but smile.

Good luck with the job hunt, luckily I haven't gone through that in years. (inbound IM)

(hope you get your rifle too!)
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#13]
hey grey wolf we still love ya bro. sorry about your loss.
john
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:06:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks, John.  You know, I'm not one to wear my emotions on my sleeve, and God knows I can be easily accused of keeping a clamp on most all of my feelings most of the time (something which drives my wife crazy) but I must say that at a time like this with everything going on and the crap that I've put up with, I can honestly say that you guys (some of whom I've never met) are a better group of friends and comrades than I deserve.  You've always been there for me and I owe you all a debt of gratitude.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have helped me through.  I hope I can be half as considerate and helpful if you ever have troubles in the future.

Now, time to decide what to do regarding a few of these issues.  I just had a HUGE fight with my wife regarding one of them - unlike me, she has NEVER had a problem losing her temper and getting really angry - I think the bilirubin impregnated colonically haustrated matter is about to have contact with the oscillator. (Ooo!  Look at Greywolf, talking like he's some sort of medical student!) :)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top