Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/6/2003 7:41:39 PM EDT
What's different between the two?  Post pictures if you have them.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a hunch you are asking about FAL receivers...?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The Type 2 receiver came out in response to the problems with the Type 1 receiver, which was a cobination of a stamped rear section and a milled forward section.

The Type 2 was the first all milled receiver, and it differs mainly in the way the buttstock is attached.  The Type 3 has two tangs coming our from the back of the receiver that screws fit through to hold the buttstock.  The Type 2 has a metal socket that sticks out the back of the receiver that holds the buttsock on.

I've seen pics of Type 2's still in service, particuarly in the mid-east and Afghanistan.

Type 1 receiver with the front milled and the rear portion is stamped:

Type 2 Receiver

And a Type 3 receiver, which is by far the most commonly encountered milled receiver.  This is my Arsenal Inc. SA-M7 Classic with some Soviet 1950's era laminate on it.  Took me forever to find a decent set.  The pic isn't the best, sorry....

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:15:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top