Where the hell can I get them?
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 3:56:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Do a google search for Ohio Ordnance Works
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]
confederatemummy, where in TN do you live?  Troy Sellars at INRANGE has them.  He comes to almost all of the Knoxville gun shows, often has them on his table.  

You can contact him here:  www.inrangec2.com/
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want milled receivers, get them from the firing line. I've bought three and they're all flawless.

www.angelfire.com/ok3/firingline/
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I live in Chattanooga. Little far from Knox. I checked out the other places and found a few lowers for $59. I can't beleive I can build a total AK74 for $220! It's a amazing. I just got done building a Mil-spec AR-15 for $540 and I am feeling the itch to build again. Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#6]
You can't build an AK74 for $220.

First the receiver is in the blue.  You will either need to have it refinished or refinish it yourself...  Looks like crap when you get it.

The receiver counts as one compliance part, if you keep the AK-74 muzzlebrake you will need five more.  Most likely KVAR pistol grip $15, US gas piston $20, US fire control group $40-$80 depending on make.  All prices are plus shipping and I've yet to find one place that has all the parts.

So...

Receiver $72 shipped to your FFL plus any transfer

KVAR kit $162 shipped

KVAR pistol grip $15, included in kit order no extra shipping

US gas piston and FSE trigger group from Tapco about $70 shipped.

So its at least $100 more than you originally figured.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#7]
320 is still a nice price. I forgot about all the unconstitutional compliance shit. I guess as long as we keep complying, they'll keep making the laws. Bastards. >:(
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top