Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2002 5:39:35 PM EDT
Ok Ive owned an AK for about 3 weeks now.A SAR1 I traded for at a gunshow.Since Ive bought it Ive ordered or bought.Cobra Sight,KVAR stock set,4-30 rounders(thinking about a drum also) and more ammo than I can count.Ive lost almost all intrest in my AR.I wanna finish it but am more worried about where the money for the PreBan AK w/underfolder is gonna come from.My wife says I have that look in my eye when I look at my other rifles.You know the one.The one that meens your gonna do somthing now that you may reget later.Then there are the other SARs that I need and of coarse Cobras, KVAR stocks,extra Mags for all of them and more ammo.Then I need to start thinking about getting my wife a AK so we can spend some togather time and since we have all these AKs around I really need a SKS or 3 to go with them.Of coarse I couldnt just have a couple of stock SKSs around so atleast one of them will have to be tricked out.Then theres my Boy I know hes only 14 months but how can Mom&Dad have AKs and not him so I better get him one also so we can have some family time togather.After all this Ill have to try my hand at building one from a kit and you know Ill just have 2 get two so I can put one back for a Winter project.Will this ever end or can I plan on allways having a ball like I am now?
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Man I Cant Wait.All my guns are POW POWS to him.Have to fight him off allready when one comes into the room for cleaning or stroking.Took him to a shop with me Sat and when we walked into the Gun Vault he got bright eyed and wispered POW POWS like he had just entered a Holly Temple.LOL.My wife just sighed and said she was gonna have to start shootin more so he will think shes a COOL MOM.She knows as soon as he gets old enough to start shootin with Dad he will want to start hanging with me ALL the time.I grew up with Family Range sesions a couple of times a month so I guess it can get better.My wife,the boy and me all burning ammo at the range.Man its gonna be cool.Later,45B10
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 5:04:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Sometimes you can create a monster.  I took my 14 year old son to the Hiram Maxim shoot.  I had two cases of 7.62X39.  He wiped them out in two days, and 14 250 round belts of ammo in the Browning.  Fortunately he got tired of loading M-16 mags and I got to shoot a little anyway! Really, it was a great time.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 5:53:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Get a 5.45 gun then, so your wife thinks it's more gentle but you know it's still eeevil.

MG- then don't get him a Lula, or he'll never get tired of loading and you'll never shoot lol!
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 9:20:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#6]
My untouched SAR-1 and SAR-2 (not to be confused with the ones I've "accessorized") are the only rifles that are the right size for my kids (11 and 9) to shoot, other than the 10/22 and Crickett 22 I bought for them.

My son comes into my office to check how every new gun fits him; its one of his favorite things to do, other than actually go shoot them

Link Posted: 11/4/2002 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#7]
My son is 18 and a student at Oregon State University.  I taught my son how to shoot when he was a munchkin and we still make time to head up to the mountains for some fun target shooting.

It doesn't get much better then that!  The only thing now is that my son tells me that I have an obsession with AK's.  
He also asks if we I plan on taking the AR for a spin, and I reply that I dont want to spend alot of time cleaning it.

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 3:12:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:03:38 AM EDT
[#9]
The family that shoots together, stays together!

My kids loved Knob Creek.  It's all they talked about the week after we got back!

Happy Shooting!!
Krinkfreak
www.angelfire.com/ak5/rpkman/
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I guess I'm lucky. My wife loves to shoot and also helps in the shop too. She really loves the main line at Knob Creek.

Later,
Troy Sellars
IN RANGE C2
www.inrangec2.com

http://www.ohiorapidfire.com/kf/IR-1.JPG

http://www.ohiorapidfire.com/kf/IR-2.JPG

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top