Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/28/2002 4:29:04 PM EDT
Went to the range today and like the last visit(yesterday)I didnt take enough ammo.150 rounds goes pretty fast.Guess Im gonna suck it up and buy a case.I traded a CETME for my SAR 1 at a gunshow yesterday and am very pleased with it.Looks like it may become my favorite to take to the range.Im allready checkin out new furniture and a mount system for it.Then theres allways more mags.Have decided 3 30rndrs are not gonna be enough.Only problem Ive found with it so far is the front sight is canted to the left.Whats the fix for this?Wont be a problem with the Scope on it but Id like to fix it if I can.Other question I have is are all SAR 1s stamped receivers?Anyone have a pic of there AK with the Green Syn furniture on it that they would post.Thanks for the help,45B10
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 4:53:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 4:41:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 11:20:17 PM EDT
For your picture of an AK with green furniture, go to www.k-var.com and go to the furniture section. Find the pic for the U.S. made green furniture and there is a pic of it on an AK.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 3:26:03 AM EDT
If you're not an "AK Purist" the O.D.Green furniture is awesome! A friend brought his SAR2 over on the 4th of July for a little impromptu shoot and it was beautiful. I believe he touched the rifle's finish up with some cold blue, but it looked better than most Rommies I've seen. I find them very comfortable with the extra length, some folks don't like that aspect of the U.S. stocks but I'd rather be comfortable than authentic, just a matter of personal preferance. Now if I were building a custom to resemble an original AK/AKM I wouldn't go with the K-var set but it sounds like you want a "happy gun" and their offering should suit you quite well. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 3:30:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/1/2002 3:36:54 AM EDT by WildWes]

Originally Posted By RotDorn:
....trust me once you have crossed over to the "dark side" you can never go home....

....beside who wants to......

Dark side?... i thought those "sniper rifles" were the dark side!

sorry for my poor attempt at humor, but I think I'm really close to "banned" at thedarkside.net -------really! That "Bunghol-oid" charicter showed his foolishness and of course was covered for...Guess I'm a gonner 4 sure now
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 7:21:41 PM EDT
Top Top