Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/28/2002 4:29:04 PM EDT
Went to the range today and like the last visit(yesterday)I didnt take enough ammo.150 rounds goes pretty fast.Guess Im gonna suck it up and buy a case.I traded a CETME for my SAR 1 at a gunshow yesterday and am very pleased with it.Looks like it may become my favorite to take to the range.Im allready checkin out new furniture and a mount system for it.Then theres allways more mags.Have decided 3 30rndrs are not gonna be enough.Only problem Ive found with it so far is the front sight is canted to the left.Whats the fix for this?Wont be a problem with the Scope on it but Id like to fix it if I can.Other question I have is are all SAR 1s stamped receivers?Anyone have a pic of there AK with the Green Syn furniture on it that they would post.Thanks for the help,45B10
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 4:41:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 11:20:17 PM EDT
[#3]
For your picture of an AK with green furniture, go to www.k-var.com and go to the furniture section. Find the pic for the U.S. made green furniture and there is a pic of it on an AK.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 3:26:03 AM EDT
[#4]
If you're not an "AK Purist" the O.D.Green furniture is awesome! A friend brought his SAR2 over on the 4th of July for a little impromptu shoot and it was beautiful. I believe he touched the rifle's finish up with some cold blue, but it looked better than most Rommies I've seen. I find them very comfortable with the extra length, some folks don't like that aspect of the U.S. stocks but I'd rather be comfortable than authentic, just a matter of personal preferance. Now if I were building a custom to resemble an original AK/AKM I wouldn't go with the K-var set but it sounds like you want a "happy gun" and their offering should suit you quite well. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 3:30:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
....trust me once you have crossed over to the "dark side" you can never go home....

....beside who wants to......

Dark side?... i thought those "sniper rifles" were the dark side!

sorry for my poor attempt at humor, but I think I'm really close to "banned" at thedarkside.net -------really! That "Bunghol-oid" charicter showed his foolishness and of course was covered for...Guess I'm a gonner 4 sure now
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top