Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2002 11:26:15 PM EDT
I'm a total newbie looking to buy my first AK. I'm not looking for a super custom high quality build, but mainly something to have fun with, and isn't a total peice of crap.

I like the Arsenal AKs, and I like the prices on the SARs. Basically, I'm looking for a rugged, dependable decently finished AK in 7.62.

Much appreciation for any help you guys could provide...
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 5:30:06 AM EDT
[#1]
For a first AK (there *will* be others, trust me...) there's nothing intrensicly wrong w/the SARs. Yeah, they can be a bit crude but we're talking AKs here, not range queens. If possible do a visual inspection for canted sights (the most common problem w/SARs) and cycle the action by hand to be sure the gas piston isn't rubbing against the inside of the gas tube (caused by welding the US-made stainless gas piston to the bolt carrier instead of properly pinning it w/a slight bit of play). Absent this the SARs are as rugged and reliable as any other AK. Buy one cheap and use the saved $$$ for extra mags, ammo and maybe optics (the SARs have the optics rail for scopes & collimator sights). HTH, keep us posted...
Tomac
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top