Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/25/2002 11:26:15 PM EDT
I'm a total newbie looking to buy my first AK. I'm not looking for a super custom high quality build, but mainly something to have fun with, and isn't a total peice of crap.

I like the Arsenal AKs, and I like the prices on the SARs. Basically, I'm looking for a rugged, dependable decently finished AK in 7.62.

Much appreciation for any help you guys could provide...
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 5:30:06 AM EDT
For a first AK (there *will* be others, trust me...) there's nothing intrensicly wrong w/the SARs. Yeah, they can be a bit crude but we're talking AKs here, not range queens. If possible do a visual inspection for canted sights (the most common problem w/SARs) and cycle the action by hand to be sure the gas piston isn't rubbing against the inside of the gas tube (caused by welding the US-made stainless gas piston to the bolt carrier instead of properly pinning it w/a slight bit of play). Absent this the SARs are as rugged and reliable as any other AK. Buy one cheap and use the saved $$$ for extra mags, ammo and maybe optics (the SARs have the optics rail for scopes & collimator sights). HTH, keep us posted...
Tomac
Top Top