Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/17/2002 5:18:07 PM EDT

Looking for my first AK, found a wsar-10 for $269. It has the single stack clips, so I was wondering if it could be converted for double stack . If this is not a legal conversion please let me know. Not looking for any illegal moves. Thanks... fullclip
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 5:25:02 PM EDT
You can have the conversion done, but for thirty dollars more you can buy SAR1 from centerfire systems.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 7:31:20 PM EDT
ive seen wasr's already converted for $269
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 2:20:51 AM EDT
Stay away from the converted rifles for that price. Besides, they lack the receiver dimples that hi-cap AK receivers have.

The dimples are located on the receivers sides just above where the mag goes in. If it does not have dimples, it was a lo-cap rifle originally.

Buy a SAR-1 and save yourself the trouble of paying to have it converted, or wasting time doing it yourself.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 4:02:09 AM EDT

What is the purpose of the dimples? Is it something to steady the mag in the reciever? Does not having them affect the reliability of the feeding?

The one I found is in a local shop and I would like to give him my business, but I may have to wait for a gunshow in a larger town if this is not a reliable conversion. I am very handy in the shop, so if it's not too hard I would try it myself. Thanks... fullclip
Top Top