Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/12/2002 6:27:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/12/2002 6:54:14 PM EDT by Zardoz]
And naturally had zero malfunctions. I have found that I prefer the notch rear sight, as opposed to an aperture rear; I dunno, I just like the sight picture better. I won't go into details as to how I actually performed the sight adjustments, other than to say that I had to combine the sight tool in the cleaning kit with my truck's tailgate to adjust for elevation (seriously, ya shoulda seen it, LOL). The RSA trigger allows for very good trigger control; the "stop" at the second stage is very positive, and just a tad more pressure fires the round. I won't even mention recoil, since there is none with an AK74 muzzle brake on it. Well anyway, here's my "record" group; 20 rds fired at 50 yds, using a rolled-up sleeping bag on the tailgate of my truck as a rest.

I also fired 5 rds at a 1/8th-inch steel plate at 50yds, just for the hell of it. I leaned the plate up against a sapling (about an inch in diameter), and when I fired the second round, chips flew, and the sapling (and plate, naturally) fell over. Nice; I wish I'd had the camera with me. A 1-gallon jug filled with water also bought the farm in a spectacular way. (REALLY wish I'd gotten that on video)
Here's the plate.

Edited to add second picture.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:16:34 PM EDT
Glad to hear that someone got to shoot today. I just cannot ever find the time. I shot 3 rounds out of my SAR-2 right before dark this evening (as mentioned in another post). I've got an RSA trigger in my AK-103 clone that Solstice Arms is finishing up. If I really like it, I'll pick one up for this rifle as well when I give it a makeover. A PO scope would be the crowning touch for your Romak 2.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 5:29:42 AM EDT
Top Top