Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/12/2002 8:09:30 AM EDT

Just received my new SAR2, and can't figure out why it won't cycle. Can the gas port be too small? I striped it and blew in the barrel, and air comes out of the port.It takes a lot more force to pull the bolt back  than my AK47. Is a tool available to clean the gas port on my AK74?

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#1]
DONT SCREW WITH IT....SEND IT STRAIGHT BACK WHERE YA BOUGHT IT
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree, most likely Campy or Templar could tell you how to fix it, but if it is new and does not work, send it back.  A new product should work.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I noticed while cleaning my SAR-2 tonight that my carrier hangs up if I cycle it by hand. A slight rap of the buttstock on the floor would release it, allowing the bolt to slam shut. The top of the carrier is shiny near the piston end where it rubs. I feel that it may be the point of my hangup. Anyway, it functions fine while shooting.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Now Campy, how did I just know you were going to swoop right in here and help this poor soul fix his new toy?
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll throw my 2 cents in here as this is really not addressed.

Does it cycle when you fire it or is the problem just with manual cycling of the action?
Where does it seem to hang up? In other words give us a little more of a description of what is happening.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#7]
We need more info on what your problem is, tell us exactly what you see and when it happens.

I can tell you this, the hole through the gas block is drilled at about a 45* angle.  The hole in the barrel is drilled as a 90* angle to the bore.  I found this out when I thought I had a problem with not getting enough exhaust to cycle my action.  I removed the gas block and drilled the hole 1 size bigger.  Still misfunctioned.  Found out lator my extractor spring was bad.

Fixed that and found I now had the ultimate extracting AK, the extra exhaust now helps to throw shells about 40ft!  Not so bad, except there is less gas to push the bullet and that has affected accuracy, bad!  So, I hope you can learn from my mistake.

Brick  
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 1:03:13 AM EDT
[#8]
When I first got mine it wouldn't do anything.  The rifle would not cycle, the bolt would not move back. It would not chamber the next round.  In fact, it just went "click" every time I fired it.  Then I realized that the gun was not loaded........... Try putting some ammo in that bugger.  :D

-SS
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#9]
SAR-2 works perfect now. Followed Campys advice, and everything looked fine. I did take the burrs off the bolt carrier where it rubs on the hammer cocking surface. Test firing at first was as before, one shot and some times it would cock the hammer, and sometimes not. But never strip a new round. After firing 20+ rounds, I was ready to dig the box out of the trash and send it back. But then it started to fire several rounds before a malfunction. 2 mags later it "broke lose" and now it works perfect!! I think a metal chip, or lose piece of chrome was blocking part of the gas.

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 3:25:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top