Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2002 1:28:40 PM EDT
Finally got my Ironwood Designs funiture on, and
my Redstar Arms trigger in. Now I gotta sight this thing in.

Are they all the same or is one better than the
others? Price. etc.  Might hit Medina this weekend to pick one up.

How in the hell is the front sight adjusted for
windage?

D.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#1]
If you look at the front sight base, about 3/4 of the way up, there will be a large round disc.  This needs to be pushed to which ever side you need to get the windage.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You will need this tool to adjust the sight.

You can get one here Tapco but you may find it cheaper at some place else.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I used a punch and a hammer last time, it works but I would recomend the tool.

Tapco has about the best price on this tool.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I usually use things like nails, hammers,
a rock on one occasion. Ironic my first sight
tool will be for an AK, but the sight wouldn't
budge with the needlenose.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#5]
How do you adjust the height on the front post?  Does it just screw up and down?  It seems kind of tight.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The front sight just screws in the same way as an AR-15.  All of mine have been a little tight as well.  Tapco has the tool to adjust this with, but I have broken several. Now I just use pliars.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#7]
If you buy the windage tool, the top end of the threaded T-handle has the notch cut in it for the elevation adjustment.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 3:02:28 AM EDT
[#8]
THATS WHAT THAT IS FOR?????????????  DAMN, I HAVE BROKEN AND REORDERED A HALF DOZEN OF THE CHEAP PLASTIC ONES AND HAD WHAT I NEEDED ALL ALONG, DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 5:27:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Oooops!
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#10]
No biggie, I'm just glad someone told me. I was about to order another one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Guy with the tables along the back wall of the
2nd bldg. at the Medina gunshow has the ones from tapco. Eight bucks out the door.

Midway has em for around 3.50 but are out of stock for a month.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I am only 25 minutes from Medina, but I have never been there.  I usually do a different circut of shows as a "helper" for a dealer.  I usually don't get out from behinf the table long enough to look the tables over really well.

$8 is a good price, I think Tapco is around $10 + shipping.

Midway is a good company, I am just not a fan of how they do business. Sounds like a good price though. If you need one, I would support your local dealer. Contrary to popular belief, most of these guys do not make that much money at the shows.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 5:19:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I tried using that tool and the hole, that the drum is supposed to slide into to move the post, was to small and the drum couldn't slide into it.

Here is an easy way to move the front site. Get a 3" or 4" C clamp, a 7/16" 12 point socket, and a small socket smaller than the front site drum.  Put the 7/16" socket on the side of the front site housing you want to move the post towards.  Make sure the drum will go inside it, and not hit the side.  Put the small socket on the other side of the drum.  Put the C clamp around the whole thing and tighten.  I've used this on all my AKs and haven't encountered a front post this couldn't move.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top