Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/9/2002 7:33:49 PM EDT
I have a stamped MAK 90 that shoots great, has a great trigger, and is accurate as all hell. I want it to last a lifetime. Are these guns known for their durability and toughness/ I know the AK itself is a tough customer but what can I expect from my MAK 90 I like to shoot it alot, I clean it regularly and take care of all my guns. What is the "shelf life on a rifle like this? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:46:24 AM EDT
While the MAK 90 is not my personal choice of AK, short of running over it with an APC or tank I'd say (in my Dundee voice), "No worries, mate".

Mike
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:58:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 4:43:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CAMPYBOB:
"What is the "shelf life on a rifle like this?"

you will teach your grandchildren to shoot with it.

I sure hope so but the way are gun rights are going he might not be able to have a evil rifle.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 5:06:09 PM EDT
The MAK-90 is as good an AK as you will find anywhere. It is Chinese and made in the Chinese State Factory by Norinco. All military parts (converted for U.S. importation). The barrel is chrome lined and the heaviest of all the variants except for maybe the Polish Milled AK-47 which I beleive to be the same size.

The stamped steel receiver uses thicker sheet metal than any-other and it also uses a sweet double hook trigger group.

The MAK-90 is the first rifle I ever bought and has served me very well. The life expectancy is high as far as rounds to failure and the barrel life is the highest of all AK's except again for the polish Milled. (oppinion).

Anyway, The Norinco MAK-90 is virtually identical to the Polytech AKS.

You can buy a replacement barrel for around $69 from Tapco or a little more from CDNN. Good to have for that day when you finaly shoot out your original barrel. Take care-Vulcan762
Top Top