Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2002 1:25:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2002 1:28:34 PM EDT by SouthernShark]
That new 7.62x39mm M96 (Robarms) looks kinda cool. I might get one. But I got some questions.

Heat shields, work or no?

Reliable, or no?

Finished ok, or no?

Furniture hold up, or no?

Barrel flies off, or no?

Can ya beat somebody with it, or no?

Accurate, or no? (Not that I can shoot worth a shit)

Hard to turn into an illegal full auto firearm, or no? (Just Kidding)

-SouthernShark
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 4:21:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 6:19:56 PM EDT
What do you think I'm stupid or something? I'm not posting in the AR forum bro.

I already contacted the company and they said a semi-auto civillian version will be out by December. Now back to the topic.

The only drawback I see so far is that its 1/3 the price of a NIB Uzi.

-SS
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 3:10:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 4:57:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2002 5:06:17 AM EDT by RotDorn]
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 7:13:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2002 7:14:30 AM EDT by SouthernShark]
Rotdorn-

I knew I could count on you to back up my opinion on this gun. Campy keeps telling me the barrel is going to fly off. I don't even see how a barrel flies off. A barrel coming undone I can see, but flying off? I doubt there is enough friction for that to actually happen (maybe though). Plus there recoil should counterbalance whatever friction there is. At least unless there is some kind of barrel blockage.

I'm going to give it serious consideration. I do want an Uzi though.

-SS
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 7:16:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2002 7:17:06 AM EDT by DavidC]
I should tack this picture:

Try doing this with any other current production gun

Link Posted: 9/27/2002 7:57:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 8:46:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 8:54:14 AM EDT
www.robarm.com/images/RAV02%20FA%20RS20Aug02.jpg

For being "super reliable", I'd like to see a reliability test.....similar to what the G36 assault rifle went through. Put an AK-103 from AK-USA through its paces along side of it. Add in a Colt M4, Arsenal SA-7M, Springfield M1A Bush Rifle and a few others. I wish someone would do this.

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 9:41:42 AM EDT

For being "super reliable", I'd like to see a reliability test.....similar to what the G36 assault rifle went through

Is that the one where they dumped the G36 in a barrel of water every 250 rounds, supposedly to show how tough it was to get it to jam, but in reality to stop it from melting?

BTW, you provide the guns and I'll contribute 1000 rounds of ammo.
Get the guns first

Link Posted: 9/27/2002 1:53:18 PM EDT
[impudent snide remark] the barrel is designed to fly off for those "last ditch" defence situations as you are out of ammo and are about to be over run. [/impudent snide remark]
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 2:44:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RotDorn:
Did somebody page Dr Quack n'dBush?

Originally Posted By SouthernShark:
......I got some questions.

First off I have the .223, not the x39 but since the gun is modular, it only a matter of time (usually along period by Robarm standards), before the make a kit. Personally I would have rather seen the caliber conversion in 5.45x39!

Heat shields, work or no? not in the forearm, but I haven't felt any unbearable heat, even after blasting a Beta thru it.

Reliable, or no?Extremely! reliable

Finished ok, or no?This is one really strong area for the M96, it is not "finished" per se, but the black "finish"(for lack of a better word), is impregnated into the metal, ie won't wear away.

Furniture hold up, or no? Very much so, very tough, I haven't tried the green out....yet

Barrel flies off, or no? No, I can't see how it would, it has a positive locking lug

Can ya beat somebody with it, or no? swings well, with a good balance, kinda like a 30 Louisville Slugger

Accurate, or no? (Not that I can shoot worth a shit)I very seldom punch paper, but anything at 100~200 yards I have shot at ie fire ext, propane tanks, etc I have hit first shot.

Thanks to Ken @RedStar for the pic, here is a pic of my son "Colt", and I blasting away at Bulletfest with my M96.
www.nothingbutguns.com/uploads/bfest19.jpg

My experience is the same. I have gotten sub MOA with a bipod and scope.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 5:42:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DavidC:
Is that the one where they dumped the G36 in a barrel of water every 250 rounds, supposedly to show how tough it was to get it to jam, but in reality to stop it from melting?

Seriously, this I did not hear? Where did you hear that? It wouldn't suprise me given its cheap fiberglass stockset. I also am not too impressed by the sighting system. I wish the krauts could do what the Swiss do and use nice diopter sights on the Sig 550. The fact remains though that the G36's gas system is top notch. As to whether or not it's better than an AK (AK-74 or AN-94 which of course is not an AK), I don't know.

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 11:05:10 PM EDT
I read that description of the test on one of the gun boards I frequent; don't recall which one offhand. It was accompanied by a pick of the G36 in the water barrel, so I give it a little credence.

Top Top