Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/24/2002 7:01:45 PM EDT
Well I held my breath and I jumped out towards the deep-end. I finally bought an AK!

I have been pondering the thought for several years now, but all it took was a recent shoot with a friend of mine that owns a poly pre-ban, and that was all it took. I had to have one of my own.

I thought about going the pre-ban route, but I decided on an Arsenal SA-M7.

The pre-bans are more than I wanted to spend, and I thought about getting a SAR-1, but I read some good things about the rifles from Arsenal.

Anyone here have a SA-M7, or has fired one? Am I in for a treat? Please tell me whatever you can- I am anxious!

I haven't been this giddy since I got my first AR...
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 7:55:12 PM EDT
I've only read about 'em myself, but from what I have read, you won't be disappointed in the least.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 8:57:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/24/2002 9:02:13 PM EDT by Templar]
You're definitely in for a treat. Highest quality over the counter AK available, wheather you're looking at post OR pre-bans.

I bought my father one of the first SA-M7's when they were first intorduced last year, and I currently own both a SA-M7 Classic and the RPK.

Not to steal any thunder from this site, but you might want to check Arsenal Inc's board...

www.k-varcorp.com/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi

I can honestly make as good a hit when using them in action shooting (IDPA Tactical Rifle side matches) as I can with either my Colt AR-15 or my FN FAL Para.

Welcome to the "Dark Side".
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 9:03:01 PM EDT
I speak from experience when I say that they are fantastic weapons and are quite accurate. I prefer the shorter com bloc stock though because it balances for me better.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 3:34:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 3:38:18 AM EDT
Take that sucker out to the range and bump fire five 30 rounders thru it!!! Use Wolf ammo too!!!

Thats at least what I do to mine...
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 3:43:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 1:35:44 PM EDT
Thanks everyone.

I can't wait for this baby to arrive! I hope it doesn't take too long- its already starting to get cool here in MT.

I've already stocked up on mags- I got a couple of Romanian steel 30s, and two Bulgarian waffle 30s. And as far a getting a scope from Tantal- you read my mind Campy. I see a Kobra sight on my new AK in the future.

Link Posted: 9/27/2002 5:34:44 AM EDT
"its already starting to get cool here in MT."

A warm AK is happiness!
Top Top